“1st Class and Beautiful”

Cappadocia Cave Suites
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My fiance and I recently returned from a 15 day trip around Turkey with her family. Our first stop on our trip was a 3 night stay at the Cappadocia Cave Suites. All of our suites were very unique and spacious. Each room had all the ammenities of a world class resort with great views. The layout of the resort is very cozy and neat.

The food was Amazing!!! Probably the best we had throughout the entire trip.

The staff at the hotel was very attentive.

We will definitely be staying at the Cappadocia Cave Suites when we return to the region. I can not say enough about this place, it was incredible.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt M

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have traveled extensively since 1975. I take 3 or 4 month long trips each year and I believe the Cappadocia Cave Suites are the absolute best I have ever seen. I have stayed there on three different occasions during the past 3 years. The rooms are unique, the service is outstanding but the people make it the most enjoyable hotel I have ever used. I like it so much that I left home early just to spend a few days there before I started my last Asia/European trip.

The cave side alone is worth the trip but the owners have built modern suites for those who want them. I stayed in one of the modern rooms for part of my last visit and loved it so much that I took home some of its ideas. The radiant floor heating in the bathrooms and the monster size glass walled showers impressed me so much that I am using the same concept in the new house I am building.

I just returned from my 50th international trip that I have taken since my retirement. I have stayed in my share of really great hotels and a few really poor ones. Most hotels are just 'OK' in my book but this one is worth the trip. The good food, unique extremely nice rooms and super accommidating staff make it my favorite hotel in the world.

There are a bunch of hotels that advertise 'cave like rooms' but there is only one Cappadocia Cave Suites. Its a living piece of history.

I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: The new modern addition has larger, more spacious (family size) showers than the thousand year old c...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank willyard4
Reviewed November 28, 2011

In life, there is a time to splurge. Our time in Goreme was one of those times. I appreciate Sojourn Turkey (www.sojournturkey.com) for suggesting Cappadocia Cave Suites for premium accommodation.

We stayed in room 112, a true cave hotel with two rooms, pigeon holes and daily views of the hot air balloons.

Ercan is the hotel manager and was so pleased to share with us about the history of the fairy chimney. The top floor of room 112 was acutally an 8th century chapel. You can see the marking at the apex of the structure.

The breakfast was adequate with a variety of food. The little things are there...true customer service, confirmation of tour pick-ups, bottled water and polite service.

The location is perfect! Just a little ways up the hill from the main street. Awesome views. Nestled just below the sunset lookout up on the ridge. The hotel staff can tell you the shortcut to walk up there.

Every success to Cappadocia Cave Suites! Thank you for providing such a great space that time in the room was special in and of itself.

Room Tip: Check their website, they have pictures of each room. Please note there is an odor from the toilet...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My family and I just got back from a guided tour of Turkey, and as part of the tour we stayed for three nights at the Cappadocia Cave Suites (Bora, who owns the hotel, also organizes excellent tours of Turkey). Everything at the hotel was wonderful. The food was perfect, like having a great, authentic, home-cooked Turkish meal every night. The staff was kind and went out of their way to provide great service, even offering to go off-site in the middle of the night to get some tea when they briefly ran out of my wife's favorite type. The hotel itself is beautiful, with great terraces and other areas to sit and relax. And the suites are spacious, attractive, and comfortable. If you come to Cappadocia, this is the place to stay.

On a special note, Fazli, our guide for our trip and host at the Cave Suites, was phenomenal. He was intelligent, accommodating, extremely friendly, and just an all-around good person. My mother grilled him relentlessly about Turkey, and we were continually impressed with his knowledge (and patience!). We could not have asked for a better host for our stay at the hotel or for our adventures throughout Turkey.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank agkhayyam
Reviewed November 18, 2011

As a tour guide have been accomodating all over Turkey, in diffrent exclusive hotels, love to be there anytime.Great clean and comfortable rooms, lovely breakfast and restaurant,most friendly and professional staff, perfect location and wiev, and more and more....
if you really want to give yourself a present and have great time stay there....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ufuk d
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We had a wonderful holiday at Cappadoccia Cave Suites in July, this year. The hotel is unique and charming, beautifully located on a higher level in a quiet area, just a short walk uphill from the main town center, which has all the shops and restaurants. Our room was very spacious with a large double and one single bed for our nineteen year old daughter. The bathroom was a delight, with a huge jacuzzi which one could relax in at the end of a tiring day. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and the bedroom very well furnished with local artifacts adding to its charm. Our bedroom was on a lower floor, but there is a lovely view of the fairy chimneys from some of the higher floor rooms and the dining room.
The manager Ercan, was very helpful long before our arrival; he handled all my queries promptly and efficiently, and provided us with all the destination information we needed. He also arranged for a private tour of the main sights we were interested in with the hotel car, which was a huge, comfortable van and we had it to ourselves. Saleem, the driver, was also very helpful and guided us to a really charming restaurant for lunch which we would never have discovered for ourselves.
The hotel restaurant is also very charming and its manager, Mustafa, was very warm, friendly and caring...he even packed up a breakfast for my daughter the day we were leaving as she didn't wake up in time for breakfast. The dinner we had there one night was delicious!
The girls at the reception too, both Umran and her colleague, were charming and friendly and most helpful with all our queries.
Overall, the atmosphere at the hotel is romantic, intimate and charming, like a large private villa, rather than a hotel and we most certainly highly recommend it. In fact, we would like to visit Cappadoccia once during winter, and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a much better view but there are quite a few steps as the rooms are on different...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I have been a professional tour guide in Turkey .Had not been to this hotel but had heard it from colleagues.In July 2011 my three friends was going to drive to Cappadocia from Dalyan,Turkey.They had asked me to make a reservation for them.I called the hotel,made the reservation & talked to manager Sami.By the time my friends arrived to Cappadocia ,it was very late.Although he did not have to Sami went to pick them up .Friends were going to stay only two nights they loved everything about the hotel so much they stayed another night.They could not tell me enough about the beauty of the rooms,lovely staff ,beautiful settings..My mother always wanted to go to Cappadocia now I am planning a surprise visit for my mother at this hotel in Spring 2012.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends