“Great terrace and good food”

Turkuaz Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #86 of 112 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went to Turkuaz for our first lunch in Goreme. Had a nice meal and a great conversation with waiter Ramazan. Ended up watching soccer with him later that night and had a lot of fun!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The staff at this restaurant were very hospitable! I ended up sitting and chatting with the owner for some time following my meal, after which he also offered me a tea. It was an absolute pleasure, I must say.

The restaurant also offers a lovely view of Goreme during the day and evening. Can be very romantic for couples!

My meal was good (pottery kebab with chicken, vegetables and rice), and I was quite impressed by the wine as well!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Wonderful service from our waiter Ramazan. I had a traditional meal cooked in a clay pot. Ramazan was very patient as I tenderly cracked the side of the pot to open it up. The taste was shown on my face and it was good. When in Goreme take in the view as you eat your supper. We also has lamb kabaps which were excellent.

This place is so special that when we ordered something to drink that was not on the menu Ramazan went out and purchased it from a local store.

Try out the baklava.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Despite all the great reviews I read about this place, allow me to differ. The staff was indeed very nice, excellent English, owner did schooling in Washington, very friendly and chatty. But we went there for the food and were disappointed. We ordered soups -yoghurt and lentil soups- traditional, local, the stuff each kitchen should make. Well, theirs was from instant/powder. Sad. The main courses were overcooked- all vegies were super mushy and also quite small portions. My hubby had the traditional food in clay dish- very small portion- felt hungry at the end and the food itself was very bland. However, we were not in season, but still, no excuse for instant soups and overcooked veggies.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice terrace upstairs, excellent place to eat and look around Goreme, yummy food and friendly staffs too

2  Thank meidi