“Best in Goreme”

Koy Evi Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 100 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“Best in Goreme”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

After trying several restaurants in Goreme , Koy Evi comes first amongest others not only for the food but in terms of a Cappadocian dinning experience . Food is over amazing with a good variety of vegtables , meat and their famous bread . stuff are welcoming and hospitable , service is quick , nice view from the outdoor terrace . Shortly , you'll have a unique turkish dinnig experience . Don't miss it !!!

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Lovely food, lovely outside terrace setting (up the hill so nice to get out of the main centre) but what made this a lovely place to eat were the staff. They were so friendly. Went there twice during our stay in Goreme.

Visited August 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We ate twice at this lovely restaurant. We had a great time and a good laugh. The food was very good and relatively cheaper than other restaurants. It's a must see for anyone who goes to Cappadocia. Go there a bit early to see the sunset too. Ask Kamal and Osman to bring bread and starters for you and they will do their best.

• Visited September 2012
Laguna Beach, California
“Cappadocia heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Where to even begın...

I would lıke to begın thıs revıew by ınformıng you that ı am ın grade 12, from southern calıfornıa, and vısıted turkey for the fırst tıme thıs past august wıth my famıly..

ı was walkıng to the gorgeous cappadocıa sunset spot and fortunately stumbled upon the AMAZING koy evı restaurant. ı had spent my fırst few days ın turkey solely vısıtıng tourıst attractıons, but yearned for somethıng deeper. I wanted the experıence of some true rıch turkısh culture. At fırst I was lured ınto the meal of my lıfe by the freshly baked bread made on the stone fıre oven along the streetsıde..

I walked ın not even that hungry but entered because the restaurant peaked my ınterest. I do not eat meat, but I got the prıce fıxed menu and loaded my plate wıth some of the tastıest bread ıve ever eaten, veggıes that rocked my world, and other endless mouth waterıng choıces. The waıtresses and waıtors became my best frıends.

I came for dınner but returned for EVERY meal followıng my vısıt.
They reccommend me to some local spots for sıght seeıng, fılled me wıth joy, and ı left more stuffed than a turkısh turkey on thanksgıvıng. I just couldnt stop eatıng!

Cappadocıa was lovely, but koy evı restaurant made my experıence beyond expectatıons.
I departed turkey wıth some great photos, a beyond satısfıed belly, and a new turkısh famıly.

ıf you come to cappadocıa, ı strongly suggest you vısıt koy evı restaurant.

You`ll never want to leave.

• Visited August 2012
Coronado, California
“The Ultimate Turkish Family Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Im a caterer and was really interested in experiencing authentic Turkish "home style" cooking. I knew it would be though to find in a tourist type town like Goreme, so imagine my delight to find a tandoor oven when walking up to watch the sunset at the top of the hill. The mother of the family was baking bread and offered it to us fresh from the oven. That was all I needed to forget the sunset and detour into the restaurant. And after the meal, this was the only restaurant I needed for the four days here. By the end of my stay, I truly felt like family, and am leaving with a sense of belonging that only sharing good food can bring. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to experience food from the heart.

• Visited August 2012