“Mixed feelngs” 3 of 5 bubbles

110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Mixed feelngs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was my first experience of a hammam and I didn't know what to expect. I loved the part when I was covered in bubbles and given that lovely massage, but the rest of it was so-so. The face mask was basically slapped on with a few brush strokes, then I was left in the sauna for 15 minutes. When I came out, there was nobody around so I didn't know what I was supposed to do, except wash the mask off. There was a couple of shower stalls and a swimming pool. There was no sign stating how deep the pool was, and I didn't dare enter as I can't swim. Finally a huge woman entered and she beckoned me to follow her into another chamber and then my pleasant experience of bubbles and massage began. The hammam should provide instuctions in English to tourist clients about what to expect, what to wear in the hammam, as none of the women working there could speak English.

• Greek first
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Totally disorganised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I speak Turkish so should have been able to understand what was going on. The price was 60 TL for the basic package but once I'd handed over the money I didn't have a clue what was going on. I had also opted for the 10 min massage for an extra 20 TL. It ended up with myself and three young Indian girls sitting watching the staff eat! Eventually the girls asked me if I could translate for them as they too had no idea why we were sitting watching the staff eat. They had only come in for the massage and asked me to explain they had paid for a massage not to sit and wait. I too wanted the massage as I had a tour to continue with.
All in all the worst hamam I have had and the only part that was efficient was seperating me from my money.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank EJCBodrum
Cappadoccia turkey
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Empty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

May is not high season but the place was empty. No lights on and not a clear way to go from the sauna to the scrub. Women's sauna is large and clean, the pool is cool, showers large. The scrub was the best part, done on a huge slab of heated marble, includes a mini massage. The extra massage- 2 TL per minute, was half-hearted at best. Stick to the main package.

Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“interesting experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Not having had a Turkish bath before, I enjoyed it. Friendly staff.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Quite pricey but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Very organised, you get time in the sauna, steam room & pool. The bathing is done very well, and the women are experienced and give you a thorough scrub and mild massage while soaping. It's 65 TLR per entry, massage is quite expensive so I didnt try it, but bring your own bikini bottom (or top too if you're not comfortable with going topless) as it costs an additional 5TLR for a very ill fitting disposable pair. Definitely better than the camberlistas hamami experience I had in Istanbul. Wld totally recommend it after a day out trekking in the amazing landscapes of Cappadocia.

Visited April 2012