“Good tour, very good tour guide”

Yama Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #43 of 103 Tours in Goreme
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hi All,

Me and my wife visited Cappadocia in July 2012 and booked the "Green Tour" with Yama tours through our hotel. They were right on time to pick us up from our hotel, covered the entire circuit as planned and as per schedule. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Yama tours and in no way fealt cheated as we felt on a few other tours we took in Turkey. And let me also write about our guide Osman Bagciman; very sincere, knowledgeable and one who would go the extra mile to make his guests comfortable. Not only will he tell you the history of the place but will spice it up with folklores, local legends and jokes making the visit much more interesting.

The only negative was the driver who even after multiple requests wouldnt switch on the AC and even if he did would always keep his window open not letting the AC to cool the bus.

I will definitely recommend Yama tours and Osman Bagciman.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were fortunate enough to have landed on Osman Bagciman's tour bus during our stay in Capadocia. First and foremost, he made sure that we as a group were relaxed and comfortable together - which is a big deal for me on tours like this. On top of that, he was friendly, knowledgeable and really attentive. I even tested the limits on that one when I fell at one of the sites (for no reason other than my own total lack of coordination) - he made sure I was able to get myself cleaned up and checked on me repeatedly throughout the day to make sure I was okay. The tour itself was amazing, too. He brought us to several spots to observe fairy chimneys and the beautiful landscape and made sure everyone got beautiful photographs. We also visited the Göreme Open Air Museum, where we toured five Byzantine Orthodox Churches. Osman did an excellent job describing the background of the churches and the structures themselves and explaining how they came to be. We visited Avanos, as well, to see a pottery demonstration, which was really neat (the hand-painted designs were amazing). We also had a fantastic lunch with bottomless bowls of a variety of Turkish foods. The waitstaff were also very attentive and helpful when I told them I was a vegetarian and made sure to point out which dishes I could eat and which ones I couldn't. Overall, we just had an amazing time. We went on another tour a few days later (a travel agent booked everything for us), and I have to say, while it was interesting, I left wishing we had just done another tour with Yama. I absolutely recommend Yama Tours and super-double absolutely recommend Osman as a tour guide!!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our tour guide, Osman Bagciman, brought us to beautiful, interesting places and fed us a great meal. He brought us to the panoramic viewpoint to observe fairy chimneys, Avanos to see a pottery demonstration, and (the highlight for me) Goreme Open Air Museum consisting of five Byzantine Orthodox churches. Osman is very knowledgeable on the history of these churches (interior design too!) and the religions that passed through the towns. He taught us about the volcanic rock formations, along with the people and culture that filtered through. Osman made the group relaxed and comfortable together (extremely important to me on tours), and equally engaged us all. I recommend Yama Tours if you're planning on visiting the sites in Cappadocia, but request Osman Bagciman for your guide; he'll be sure to give you a FUN:) and educational experience.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Was on Yama Tour's "Red Tour" yesterday as recommended by Taskonklar Hotel. I was fortunate to have Osman for this tour, that I hope he'll be our gude for the "Green Tour" today. He came across as down-to-earth, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, which I believed reeled the group in, and engaged them throughout the tour. Also, he was attentive to our needs. For example, he made sure we were always in the shade when he briefed us, and spoke both in English and Turkish, when he noticed that one fellow tourist isn't proficient in English. He is also approachable too, making it easy for us to ask our question, without feeling silly. The provision of buffet lunch came as a pleasant surprise, where we sampled some Turkish cuisine. The pace of the tour was just right, Now, I can't wait for my "Green Tour" later, where we'll be covering more outdoor sights.

1  Thank Arrentez
See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were several women travelling for a few days in Cappa. We reached out to several tour companies and Yama had the best service, the best ideas and great prices. They picked us up at the airport, arranged a sunset walking tour, a full day private tour and transport back to the airport. The owner made sure we were happy - the guide was very knowledgeable. When we decided at the last minute that we wanted to add roman ruins to our day tour, she quickly came up with a few ideas and we got to see some wonderful mosaics. The owner also recommended a great restaurant and was always available to help us with our trip. I highly recommend them.