“Our Home is Your Home--Klates”

Vineyard Cave Hotel
Ranked #1 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Having been to Goreme many times, we have never enjoyed our accomodation as much as we have recently, at the Vineyard Hotel. This newly opened hotel fis owned by Hasan and his family, who made us so welcome. He proudly proclaimed that his house was ours, for the duration of our stay. It is a beautiful hotel, some rooms are cave extensions and all are newly appointed and spotlessly clean. The breakfasts are excellent and you must try Hasan's scrambled eggs.He took us on a guided tour of the locality, organised our ballon flight and, based on our knowledge of Turkish carpets, gave us a great deal in his Rose carpet shop. But, there was no hard sell. Hasan is a lovely person, a devout Muslim and a dedicated family man. The hotel is within walking distance of the village centre,but, with panoramic views of the incredible Goreme skyline, best enjoyed on the breakfast terrace. We cannot recommend the Vineyard Cave Hotel enough.

Room Tip: Try the Honeymoon room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed here as a solo women travellor. Hassan, Sumbul and Osman provided fantastic service and hospitality which made my stay really special. For example Hassan took me on a private tour for photography (for which I was happy to pay his reasonable cost) but took me out again on a complimentary tour a few days later. Osam helped me with bike hire and Sumbul prepared wonderful breakfasts. Far more then I could eat! The room was clean and spacious with a nice outlook. I stayed in an arch room on upper level. Wi Fi worked well . The hotel is at the top end of town and a short walk to the one of the valleys with outstanding rock formations.

No swimming pool, no TV .....heaven.!!

Room Tip: I selected an arch room but was shown the honeymoon suite which looked fantastic..more a cave style...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2012

When I arrived at Vineyard Cave Hotel, just one look confirmed that the place was way better than anything I had anticipated. The place has a very warm, welcoming and homely feel to it.
The rooms are extremely tastefully done up and reflect the personal interest taken by the owners, complete with all required amenities like wi-fi etc.
Osman, who runs the place along with his dad, was very helpful and friendly which made my stay a very special experience. The personalised attention and hospitality that one experiences here is unmatched.
I would strongly recommend Vineyard to anyone travelling to Cappadocia.
I believe my Cappadocia experience would have been incomplete if I had stayed anywhere else!!
Thumbs-up and cheers to Osman, his dad Hasan, his beautiful mom and the rest of the folks who make the Vineyard experience so special and wonderful :)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ruchira G
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I returned to the Vineyard Cave Hotel about 6 months after my first visit (they had only been open a few months at that time) and the repeat visit was even better than the first! Hasan Bey and Osman are the best hosts ever in addition to being the two best guides in all of Cappadocia! :)

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite, one of their cave rooms (they have cave and non-cave rooms to choose from), and it was impeccably decorated with rugs and cushions and other fine details. They've added a few touches in the last few months, like Wifi access, hair dryers and slippers in the room and everything was just perfect. And interestingly, given the lack of artificial ventilation in the rooms and bathrooms, it was the brightest and airiest room that I stayed at during my entire visit in Turkey.

The hotel was sold out but our hosts were very accommodating and made us feel like we were their only guests. I think every guest in the hotel probably felt the same way, given the level of attention that our hosts provided. My husband said that he'd never felt so well taken care of at any hotel.

Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. I loved the Turkish coffee and Hasan's wife even showed me how to make it! I lived closer, I'd be back for many more visits. I'd give it 6 stars if I could!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lhooq19
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We never chose this hotel personally... Chora Travels handled everything for our tour and they picked this hotel from us... When I received the reservations a month before our tour, I checked Vineyard Cave Hotel up in the internet and from the pictures, I got really excited and started looking forward to our trip to Cappadocia... =)
When we got there, the pictures from the internet literally just popped into reality... Our room was very spacious and I can't help but say that I really loved the bathroom!!
The family that runs the hotel was very accommodating and welcomed us with warmth and genuine sincerity... Mr. Osman even provided us with a short history of the fairy chimneys as we were standing in the rooftop looking at the breathtaking view of the town... They made sure that every minute you stay with them, you are well-attended to, always willing (and taking) to take an extra mile of service to be sure that you are satisfied and comfortable...
Ms. Hassan even drove us (with his personal car) to the mountaintop for sunset watching... If he had not knocked on our door and invited us to come, we would have missed one of the very memorable points of our stay in Goreme!
The hotel experience itself is enough reason to go back to Cappadocia!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CarolynManga
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Oh where to begin. From the time I arrived to the time I left it felt like me and my kids were the only guest they had staying there (even though the place was book full) . Both Hasan and his son Osman were overly accomidating...not in a bad way either. Our first day there Hasan took me and my kids around the area and showed us the best caves and spots to go hiking. I can tell you we had our first of many taste of Apple tea as soon as we checked in. The balloon ride that Hasan set us up with was the best part of the trip for me and my kids. The breakfast was a very warm and inviting experience, they probably would still be feeding us if we had stayed. The only thing that was not there was a pool (my kids pointed that out).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph U
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Yes, you can believe the reviews on Tripadvisor. We stayed at Vineyard Cave hotel for the most memorable experience we had in a long time. If I can quote Hasan (the owner), "My house is your house" - we were welcomed with warm hospitality and him and his son (Osman) went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as can be. This is a family run hotel and it gives it the personal touch which is so needed and valued. We stayed in room no 8, very spacious and comfortable and neatly decorated (modern but with an local touch)

Hasan took us on a private guided tour (he is a registered tourguide) of the vicinity and listening to his stories was very interesting. He grew up in the town so he knew where the best spots are for viewing this amazing landscapes, away from all the tourists spots.

The breakfast was splendid, always with fresh fruits and eggs done by Hasan himself. The view from the breakfast room is a must see.

We left there with a carpet bought from Hasan's carpetshop, Rose Carpets, which has a very good selection of carpets at affordable prices.

Thank you Hasan and Osman and family - we left there as friends. I would highly recommend the Vineyard Cave hotel to anybody.

He also recommended Butterfly Balloons and with Mike as pilot (3200 flying hours, WOW), was a highlight of our stay. I would recommend Butterfly Baloons, professionally run and they limit the number of passengers for a much better experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple