“Feels like home away from home...”

Vineyard Cave Hotel
Ranked #1 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Kuwait
“Feels like home away from home...”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We never chose this hotel personally... Chora Travels handled everything for our tour and they picked this hotel from us... When I received the reservations a month before our tour, I checked Vineyard Cave Hotel up in the internet and from the pictures, I got really excited and started looking forward to our trip to Cappadocia... =)
When we got there, the pictures from the internet literally just popped into reality... Our room was very spacious and I can't help but say that I really loved the bathroom!!
The family that runs the hotel was very accommodating and welcomed us with warmth and genuine sincerity... Mr. Osman even provided us with a short history of the fairy chimneys as we were standing in the rooftop looking at the breathtaking view of the town... They made sure that every minute you stay with them, you are well-attended to, always willing (and taking) to take an extra mile of service to be sure that you are satisfied and comfortable...
Ms. Hassan even drove us (with his personal car) to the mountaintop for sunset watching... If he had not knocked on our door and invited us to come, we would have missed one of the very memorable points of our stay in Goreme!
The hotel experience itself is enough reason to go back to Cappadocia!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CarolynManga

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Oh where to begin. From the time I arrived to the time I left it felt like me and my kids were the only guest they had staying there (even though the place was book full) . Both Hasan and his son Osman were overly accomidating...not in a bad way either. Our first day there Hasan took me and my kids around the area and showed us the best caves and spots to go hiking. I can tell you we had our first of many taste of Apple tea as soon as we checked in. The balloon ride that Hasan set us up with was the best part of the trip for me and my kids. The breakfast was a very warm and inviting experience, they probably would still be feeding us if we had stayed. The only thing that was not there was a pool (my kids pointed that out).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joseph U
South Africa
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Yes, you can believe the reviews on Tripadvisor. We stayed at Vineyard Cave hotel for the most memorable experience we had in a long time. If I can quote Hasan (the owner), "My house is your house" - we were welcomed with warm hospitality and him and his son (Osman) went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as can be. This is a family run hotel and it gives it the personal touch which is so needed and valued. We stayed in room no 8, very spacious and comfortable and neatly decorated (modern but with an local touch)

Hasan took us on a private guided tour (he is a registered tourguide) of the vicinity and listening to his stories was very interesting. He grew up in the town so he knew where the best spots are for viewing this amazing landscapes, away from all the tourists spots.

The breakfast was splendid, always with fresh fruits and eggs done by Hasan himself. The view from the breakfast room is a must see.

We left there with a carpet bought from Hasan's carpetshop, Rose Carpets, which has a very good selection of carpets at affordable prices.

Thank you Hasan and Osman and family - we left there as friends. I would highly recommend the Vineyard Cave hotel to anybody.

He also recommended Butterfly Balloons and with Mike as pilot (3200 flying hours, WOW), was a highlight of our stay. I would recommend Butterfly Baloons, professionally run and they limit the number of passengers for a much better experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Philip_Ria
Dubai
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This would be possibly a really good place to stay as the properties of a cave has not been disturbed at the same time have all the modern amenities fixed to it.
After a 13 hours long journey, this hotel was indeed a treat to us.

The owner of this hotel, Mr. Hassan was incredibly an amzing person who offered a room to us only to get freshened up as we did not stay here and served us yummy breakfast which actualy kept us going the whole day.

A very clean hotel, all the rooms are away from each other , hence privacy respected.

Loved itt!

Room Tip: We loved room number 8 ;)
1 Thank Julie J
China
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Like Home-made breakfast and everything. They are very friendly and always try their hard to help us. When we stay there, like we stay at home

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Aimee M
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed April 23, 2012

First of all, I'd like to thank to Hasan Uludag (owner of the hotel) and his family. Everything was perfect about the hotel. First day, we couldn't find the hotel.Then we called Hasan Uludag and instead of giving the address he has taken us to the hotel with his motorbike. The hotel was new and very clean. It was one of the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed. The breakfast was also excellent. The breakfast was very rich. It was like five star hotel comfort. The place of the hotel is very close to centre.
In addtion to these, Hasan and Osman Uludag serve and help you any time of the day.
If I go to Goreme again, it is the only place I will stay.

1 Thank ssert
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Of all the hotels we stayed at in Turkey (6 in all), this was my favorite! Our room was very cozy and quaint. They have very few staff but all of them were extremely friendly, and the owner Hasan was such a pleasure to have taking care of us. It is a small hotel and so they have a personal connection with the guests. Hasan and his family started out our day with a wonderful breakfast of homemade bread, honey, scrambled eggs that he cooks himself, fruits and cheese. The location is excellent as well – far enough from the main highway but within walking distance to restaurants, shops, cafes and tour offices. I recommend this place to anyone who stays in Goreme in Cappadocia!

1 Thank Angela A