“Excellent Hotel, Service & Location !!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mithra Cave Hotel

Mithra Cave Hotel
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Goreme
London, UK
“Excellent Hotel, Service & Location !!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from an awesome stay at this wonderful hotel. Located close to Goreme town center, it has best views overlooking the valley. The Staff @ Mithra Cave are so warm, welcoming, friendly and very helpful, namely Hakan and Resul. They make you feel at home. I happened to book this hotel based other customer reviews. Everything, from arrival to departure was an experience to remember. On arrival, the Manager - Hakan, a big hearted and kind man, not only gave us a room to check in early in the morning, but also upgraded us to a King Suite. The suite was superb, a 2 story old cave room with a wine cellar, a big king size rotating bed and a jacuzzi. I couldnt have asked for more to start my holidays. Everything was taken care by the hotel staff, including airport pick up to drop, booking tours etc.The morning breakfast is an experience worth a mention. Served in a roof top restaurant with superb views and the spread is quite good. The Omlet is made to order by the ever smiling and friendly chef - Resul. Overall, we were soo relaxed and very happy to have chosen such a lovely place to stay. I have stayed in soo many hotels across the world (all stars), but I can tell you Mithra Cave tops them all in terms of service. If you want a stress free and happy holidays, then Mithra Cave is the place to go !!!! I happily recommend this hotel to all visiting Goreme ..............

Room Tip: Pls select Cave/ King suite room for an experience to live in old cave/chimney of Cappadocia
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Y S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just stayed here with my family over the holidays. This place was really interesting. Surprisingly modern and upscale for a cave structure.
The service was incredible. Everyone was extremely attentive. I got sick on my last day and they let me stay late and even served me a home cooked meal. I REALLY appreciate everything they did. Would recommend to anyone travelling here.

Room Tip: room right next to the office is best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This one of the best hotels I have stayed in . The rooms are beautiful and the view from the hotel was excellent,

The Manager Hakkan was extremely nice . I was offered an upgrade once I checked in. He helped me in getting all the right tours and arranged for the balloon ride as well.

The breakfast buffet spread was awesome and one the best I had during the entire trip.

The hotel is highly recommended. I will go back to this hotel some day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Simply Fantastic!! Best View in Cappadocia.... staffs are super friendly. Best balloon tour. super nice room. I like all the details in the room. Very considerate design. Owner has a very good taste of design and also the selection of furniture and dining tables... etc. what's more, you can find the best and most innovative fried eggs in cappadocia!!!! every morning it is a surprise!!!! We came in the ending of high season, not many guests here, and we got free upgrading to suite!!!! What a Surprise!!!! in Short, "Mithra Cave Cappadocia is a highly recommended hotel!!!!! Really feel like home!!" While I am writing this review, I am still in this hotel and simply don't want to leave.....

Room Tip: choose room 1.5! best room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Qi Z
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My friend suggested me that hotel and I also read good feedbacks on TripAdvisor. So i decided to stay here... But it was much more than my expectations!
First of all there is a fantastic scenery! You can enjoy view of flying hot air balloons over Göreme while having your breakfast...
We stayed in wonderful room. Nice decorated, very clean! Bed was quality and very comfortable.
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Everything was wonderful...

The only negative part of our holiday was leaving the hotel :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Mithra Cave was a WONDERFUL experience. The staff was so welcoming and helpful! The view was amazing and the owners were wonderful. Breakfast was more than generous and I couldn't recommend the hotel any more highly....when I return to Cappadocia, I will be at Mithra Cave Hotel!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Angie3088
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The room was the most beautiful room i have every seen, and i have seen a lot! it was a two story original cave. the room was genuin, you can see chisel marks, an ancient wine celler and little rooms with some antiques. I was told the room was originally a church or part of a church!

Now the best part was the service. My girlfriend fell sick and the staff went soooo out of their way to help us, to the extent of getting us a specialist to the room and driving us to the pharmacy to get the medicine! They did that multiple times! now sure where else in the world would you get a service like this!

i feel like going back again soon to enjoy the place one more time and visit the staff, namely, Resul, Sahar and Hakkan whom i consider family now after all they have done for us.

I