“Warm Hospitality”
Review of Castle Cave House

Castle Cave House
Ranked #55 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have spent a fantastic weekend in Goreme. The House staff, Nicole and Fatih, has been very helpful, creating a family atmosphere. The rooms are so characteristic, clean and large. We definitely recommend this house!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mario R

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Staying in a cave is absolutely surreal and this place was fantastic. The view from our cave balcony was incredible and the rooms were cool. We arrived on the night bus at 6:30am, and the staff was more than willing to clean our room and have it ready for 10:00am, as opposed to 2:00pm. They gave us some suggestions of what to do with our time, the best being the restaurant Nostalji. We would most definitely recommend this to our friends!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I wanted to experience a room in a cave, which I did here. The room was spacious and had an ensuite. There was electrical lighting and enough sockets. Being a cave dwelling, it is warmer when outside is colder (and cooler when outside is hot). Of course because of the solid rock it's hard to get wifi reception in the room, but good in the common area.

There's free hot water and tea from an always-on machine. Location is central to places to eat, transport and sunset point (the highest point in town for balloon and sunrise/sunset watching.

The key difference was the manager, a German lady who spoke good English. She was friendly, helpful and informative.

Room Tip: Get a full-cave room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I want to start by saying, I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are looking for a less expensive option. I picked it for its price range and I felt like I got what I paid for, which is important to me.

We arrived late at night and were ushered right to our room, it felt a little awkward but it was late. The room took a little getting used to but then again, it is a cave-literally. I image this would have been the case in any cave suite. It was a a giant room, awkwardly decorated. The bed was comfortable and the there was good water pressure in the shower, which is necessary in dusty Goreme. There is only all purpose soap provided. The view was amazing as our room was at the very top of the hotel with a terrace right out side (I highly recommend getting up early to see the hot air balloons taking off at sunrise). Once we got to know the ladies at reception they were very nice and friendly. They answered all of our questions and were a wealth of knowledge about various tours and activities. The breakfast was typical for Turkey, as described in other reviews so I wont take the time, other then to say, average breakfast for an average price. If you ask, they will make you fried or scrambled eggs. :) The hotel is located up a hill but so are a lot of things in this region. The town is small, getting around by walking is easy and the hotel is centrally located.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank alibseattle
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Fantastic service from Fatih and his family. They looked after us like family members and were very helpful and provided great recommendations for places to visit and restaurants to eat at. They also arranged our transportation and tours with no fuss. Very nice views can be seen from the breakfast area and multiple terraces. Breakfast was comprehensive.

We stayed in room 204, which was part cave and was very spacious, quiet and private. Loved the double shower heads too.

Highly recommended and will stay here again if we return to Cappadocia.

1  Thank MustafaOguz
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I don't know from where to start...I am shocked from the positive reviews and I feel sorry that I chose this hotel.
1:When we arrived at the hotel they told us that our room was not ready, despite the fact that it was after the check in time.So we had to wait for a while in order to clean it.Totally unprofessional.
2:I had booked a cave room and they gave us a different room, the standard one which was cheaper.When I asked Durmus if this was the cave room he replied yes.He lied.Finally I demonstrated and they gave us the real cave room,the one I booked.
3:The bathroom was not clean.They did not even put paper toilet.There was a really bad smell and I could not breath inside!Really smelly!In addition the waters from the bath were going outside so every time I had a shower there was water everywhere. No light also.
4:The breakfast was not sufficient.The brekfast area was not nice at all.It was really decorated in a bad way.Many times I didnt have anything to eat.
5:The staff was not friendly and helpful at all!!!They didnt care about us and they didnt help us at all!I didnt feel welcome and I there was no anatolian hospitality,They destroyed my trip.
6:When we checked out the german woman asked us how we would like to pay.We responsed by credit card.And she sharted laughing.Can you imagine?They didnt even have the machine for credit card.And they had to ask it from their friend!So Durmus woke up, he didnt wear shoed and they were laughing at us!When we paid them they didnt say thank you and goodbye to us!!!He was greeding only like an animal.Really they were rude and not professional at any way...It was the worst experience in a hotel in my whole life....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank elenaki1287
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Wonderful hotel in the centre of Goreme- just a short walk down the hill to the centre of the town. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. They organised airport transfers and advised on what to see in the area. The room was clean and comfortable and there's free tea and coffee in the reception at all times. There's plenty of choice at breakfast. The views of the surrounding area from the hotel are amazing. We had a great time and would stay here again.

1  Thank EdinburghSasha