“A wonderful way to watch the sun set!”

My Mother's Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 100 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“A wonderful way to watch the sun set!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was charmed into mother's off the street by her son Emin and am happy to say I was not disappointed! Emim is exceptionally proud of his mother's cooking and is also fantastic at providing details about the wine list! Emin's sister madly rushes around ensuring all her customers are fed and happy with a great big smile on her face the whole time! I had the clay chicken and one of the local dry reds, along with mother's hummus all wonderful! If you're lucky enough you get to met mother - a wonderfully warm and energetic woman, you'll feel like you're eating at her kitchen not a restaurant!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“great ambiance and food - though some inconsistencies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went to My Mother's for dinner one night while staying in Goreme (July 2013) and were really impressed with the comfortable and relaxed ambiance on the roof top. This was balanced with really professional and friendly staff who cared about good food and wine and great service. Had a delicious claypot meal and great local wine (chose one of the dry reds on the menu and were very impressed - best wine we had in turkey).

However we went back on our last afternoon for a tukish coffee and a baclava and unfortunately had a far less attentive waiter that we basically had to ask numerous times to just take our order. Also the baclava was dry and not very good.

“Worst food in Turkey”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The turkish ravioli was utterly disgusting, the plates were very small and the other dishes such as the chicken snitzel were dry. Service was ok but out of the other restaurants we ate at in this town this was by far the worst.

Perth, Australia
“Good honest food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family ate here twice for dinner. The food is really good . Try the claypots. Service is efficient. We met "mum" she is very charming.Try and get a table outdors and take in the magnificent view over Goreme as the sun sets.

Visited July 2013
Biarritz, France
“Just average - nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I ate here in June 2013. There was nothing special about the meal and the service was quite slow. The red wine I ordered was probably the worst I had throughout Turkey. With so many delicious restaurants in Goreme, I would go elsewhere for a meal.

• Visited June 2013