“Great spot for a view of Goreme AND good food”

My Mother's Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 121 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We came here mainly for the view and were initially worried that it might just be a tourist trap with not so good food.

We were happily surprised that both the food and the view were great. We had a variety of platters to share and try and everything was very tasty fresh and enjoyable.

Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Goreme.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stumbled upon My Mother's while looking for a restaurant to view the amazing sunset in Goreme. The rooftop restaurant is very pretty, with great views of Goreme valley. Food was very good with the excellent baklava a fitting finale to the meal. We went away with a promise to come the next day to enjoy the sunset with turkish tea. We did go and they were nice enough to put the tea on the house. Lovely place to enjoy a lovely meal!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were in Goreme for 2 nights and ate here twice. Food was some of the best we had in turkey. Staff were very friendly. Great view as well.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Writing my first review on TA....had a great experience at My Mother's restaurant in Göreme in Cappadocia, felt I had to share my experience. I was recently 3 days in Cappadocia and ended up spending 2 meals at said eatery. Liked it because the food was very good, sampled some excellent local wine, nice view and great music (not live). The waitress even remembered the wine I had from the previous day, how many waitresses does that?? Which, btw, was excellent (Kocabag). The food I and my daughter ate was one of the best meals I've had on our stay in Turkey, granted, we didn't try any expensive places, more like the middle of the road eateries. Overall, I was very happy and content with the visit and also enjoyed the service and talking to our waitress (Dayra) and for our last day in Cappadocia it capped a great 9 day stay in Turkey!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very small overpriced portions, Or was it just what both my wife and I picked, meatballs very tiny, rice arrived a few minutes meat arrived. We spend a lot of time in Turkey so I should know. Would I go back no..