“Amazing”

Topdeck Cave Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 109 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Topdeck Cave is a family-run restaurant, situated in the family house on the ground floor in a cave which used to be a stable. The owner Mustafa prepares and serves the food himself, making you feel as part of his family. Simple menu changes daily, offering a wide variety of local appetizers (meze), a choice of one/two soups and four main courses. All ingredients are fresh, coming from local farmers. The open kitchen offers an opportunity to watch how food is being prepared.Open daily Monday to Sunday from 6.00PM to 12.00PM
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I were on our last day in Goreme and were walking around the village. We walked into Topdeck before they opened and spoke with the owner. He said to return after 5:00 when they opened. Not thinking about dinner at that time we left and continued our exploring. Several hours later back at our hotel we were talking with a man from Australia who asked our dinner plans when we said nothing he suggested going into town and finding a place. So we happened upon Topdeck again and when we went in (7:30pm) we were asked if we had a reservation, which we did not. But as we were being told they had no table the owner (also the chef) recognized us from earlier and went above and beyond to find us a table which he did and accommodate us with such kindness. Come to find out that this family owned restaurant is in the basement of their home. Very nice atmosphere amazing food and service. Go go go here to eat, but make a reservation, it is very small but worth it!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The reviews do this cave restaurant tucked away in the back streets of Goreme all the justice it deserves. From the delicious array of mezze to the chicken, lamb and beef mains, coupled with an infectiously warm service, this eatery cannot be missed. Mustafa (the owner) and his family are our Turkish delights!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We liked the lamb shank best, the small amount of wine pour least. The family is very gracious and nice and can cook!

1  Thank warrenhawaii
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family of 5 ate at Topdeck last night and we had high expectations since it is rated number one. They have a very limited menu- one chicken, one lamb, one vegetarian and one beef per night. I am not a picky eater by any means but there was really nothing since the chicken was wings (not much to them). Their meze was good and the wine was good. The service was really strange because the girl who took our order couldn't tell us much about how the food was prepared-even though there are only 4 dishes! I basically ate a little meze and baklava-which was great! I do have to say that the rest of my family LOVED the lamb-prepared 2 ways. I don't eat lamb. I think Seten is much better.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

A dream place with the most tipical meals. Excelent atention, the best wines and qualuty tipical foods. A must-be in Goreme, just go! Don't forget to reserve your place a couple of days before