“Don't miss the experience!”

Topdeck Cave Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 109 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Topdeck Cave is a family-run restaurant, situated in the family house on the ground floor in a cave which used to be a stable. The owner Mustafa prepares and serves the food himself, making you feel as part of his family. Simple menu changes daily, offering a wide variety of local appetizers (meze), a choice of one/two soups and four main courses. All ingredients are fresh, coming from local farmers. The open kitchen offers an opportunity to watch how food is being prepared.Open daily Monday to Sunday from 6.00PM to 12.00PM
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We actually heard about this restaurant through other tourists we had met. TripAdvisor also listed it as the #1 restaurant in Goreme and it didn't disappoint. I would have to say what really got me hooked was the fact that it is run by a very nice local family and had only 10 tables. The young waitress was their daughter who spoke very good English and helped us decide what we were going to have by taking us to the kitchen area to see what her dad (the Chef) was making for that evening. I just felt like the staff were really attentive to our needs and made sure we didn't want for anything. Go there and experience it for yourself! I don't think you will be disappointed. Be sure to reserve and remember to bring cash as they don't accept credit cards.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

A local Goreme native brought me to this restaurant -- according to her it's one of the best in town, and I would be inclined to agree. As others have noted, it's a cave restaurant carved in the rock, with most of the seating on the floor on cushions. The place is run by the owner, who cooks most of the meals himself (and is very hospitable to the guests). The atmosphere is cozy, the meals are excellent, and the price/quality is a great match. I would come here again.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hands down the best place to eat in Goreme. The food was sensational. If you are vegetarian (as my girlfriend and I am) you can't go wrong, all messes are vege and there is a vege main.

We were so impressed we ate there two nights in a row.

If the mushroom soup is on the menu you must try it, delicious.

We were disappointed with the other places we ate in Goreme (especially given how much we have enjoyed the rest of our food everywhere else in turkey), so do not equate your time ay other eateries, especially when the cost of a meal at topdeck is on par with the other (very) average eateries in Goreme.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We treated ourselves to dinner at Topdeck due to its ratings on Trip Advisor, and it certainly lived up to its reputation. The family who run this restaurant are lovely, so friendly and attentive. The cave inside is awesome, such a novel setting with the choice of a table, or the cushions on the floor with low tables. The atmosphere was great, and the food was wholesome, fresh, honest and bursting with flavours and spices.

In addition to this, sadly my husband was suffering from an upset tummy due to a bad experience with food a couple of days previously, and the guys here were so sympathetic. They made him just plain rice, and advised him of the foods and drinks he should have to help him get better - whilst I indulged! They went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our evening, and it was worth every penny. The best restaurant in Goreme without a doubt!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We just returned from a 10 day trip to Turkey and my friends all felt that Topdeck was the culinary highlight (I prefered a restaurant in Istanbul, for reasons I will explain below). To start, the restaurant is in a very unique location - inside one of caves the region is known for, and inside the owner's house at that. A reservation is required - ask to sit on the floor (provided you have no bodily limitations that would prevent this) as it is a very cool experience.

The majority of the food was great - the meze plate, desert, soup...yummy! My problem came when we ordered our main course. Our server recomended that we order 3 dishes for the five of us to share. I was leaning towards the vegetable option as I don't eat dark/red meat, but I didn't want to force that choice on my meat-eating friends. I do eat chicken breast though, and our server guaranteed that he could have the chicken dish made with all white meat for me. That seemed like a good compromise, so with that guarantee in mind, we ordered the chicken, beef, and lamb dishes to share. When they arrived, I found that NONE of the chicken appeared to be white meat! So sadly, I had to skip the main course. I heard it was delicious though.

You could tell the food was well prepared and fresh - it was definitely a step above the majority of what we ate in Turkey. Definitely give it a try!