“Deserves its rating!”

Topdeck Cave Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Topdeck Cave is a family-run restaurant, situated in the family house on the ground floor in a cave which used to be a stable. The owner Mustafa prepares and serves the food himself, making you feel as part of his family. Simple menu changes daily, offering a wide variety of local appetizers (meze), a choice of one/two soups and four main courses. All ingredients are fresh, coming from local farmers. The open kitchen offers an opportunity to watch how food is being prepared.Open daily Monday to Sunday from 6.00PM to 12.00PM
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were here in November and even though this was the top rated restaurant, we were thinking these reviews couldn't possibly all be real! After we stepped into the cozy restaurant, took our seats on the floor and had our first bite of food, we knew they were most definitely real!!! The food was soooo delicious, everything we had from the mezes to the borek was some of the best food we had in our entire 10 days in Turkey. The family that owned it was also super nice and helpful. Definitely check this place out!!

2  Thank Rlowens

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everything is great in Top Cave Deck restaurant, Ford, service, environment.
It is placed in a Cave and atended for a ver y nice family.

1  Thank Patricia P
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Seeing this as the #1 restaurant in Goreme made it a must-eat restaurant for us, and overall it was good. The food was tasty, save the cigar-shaped feta things which are not really for me since I'm not much of a fried food person and they lacked flavor. We got the extra large mezze platter to share and it was really delicious, particularly the eggplant and bean mezze. Soup was also pretty good. Expected a bit more of the service, as it took a long time to get the check and when we arrived we were told we were "lucky" that we got in without a reservation - I think the guy may have been joking with us a bit but he seemed to have a smidge of a condescending tone throughout the dinner. Overall is definitely a place I recommend food-wise and it is a warm and cozy atmosphere (also cool b/c it is in a cave setting), just don't expect world class service.

1  Thank AdventureTravel7
Reviewed January 10, 2013

On our trip to Cappadocia we had dinner at Topdeck one night. The place is wonderful and it is well worth a visit. The family that owns the restaurant is lovely and we enjoyed being waited on by their high-school aged daughter who is very outgoing. The food was wonderful and very reasonably priced. Definitely the best food we had on our visit to Cappadocia.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

What else can I say about this place? I got there with my mom on a snowy Wednesday night at around 8.40pm after reading so many positive reviews on tripadvisor.

We open the door and find the kitchen clean and all the lights down...suddenly they come to say that the kitchen was closed a few minutes ago...we ask for a recommendation of another place to go...they think a bit and the cook, Mustafa, says: "Wait! Stay here and I can cook you something!"

So they basically reopened the restaurant just for me and my mom...and as it was my 30th birthday it turned out to be a very special meal!
The food was great, we went for their recommendations including meze, soup and main course.

After finishing they turned all the restaurant lights down and come from the kitchen siging happy birthday to me with a candle place between a couple of baklavas...

Yes, this restaurant has great food, very nice atmosphere (inside a cave), but what really makes this restaurant is the heart of the family who owns and runs it. Great people!

I told them I would give 10 stars if possible!

1  Thank JFloriani