“#3 Cappadocia Undiscovered”

Turkish Heritage Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #22 of 100 Tours in Goreme
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A well designed and well executed tour The guide was very informative and spoke good English. We did not feel rushed but the day was filled with things to do and see. The walk from the Soganli Valley to lunch was fairly short and could not really be described as a hike. Since we were recovering from illness this was a relief, but if you expect more outdoor walking, there is not really much. The included lunch was pleasant but not outstanding. Mustafapasa was an attractive village and we heard quite a bit about the political history of the citizen exchange of 1924. There wasn't any opportunity to explore the community, but this is the down side of tours generally. After that each location got more and more interesting, culminating in the amazing underground city of Derinkuyu. I did not check when we went down but we were there for a very ample amount of time, no rushing. Our guide dealt very tactfully with our different levels of tolerance for such an enclosed space. This tour does include a lot of stairs to climb and uneven and rough walking surfaces, as well as some very tight spaces in the underground city.

6  Thank Ferdzy

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went on tour # 3 Cappodicia Undiscovered, If you are not going to rent a car or scooter and want to see multiple things in a day this is a good way to do it. Generally, I don't like tours I like to be able to visit places at my own pace but after an overnight bus trip, I was not up to renting a car and the public transportation options seemed limited. The good is the tour gives you a lot of background information and the sites I found interesting. The bad is they drag out your time at some places but rush you through others and then sometimes you're just waiting for the guide to finish his backgammon game. Sinassos not much left of the greek village, history is interesting, old Greek Church with extra admission but can peak in from outside and an ancient Madras now college. Souvenier stands which later on realized had good prices. Keslik monastery, similar to what you see in Goreme but less crowded, also other cave dwellings you can investigate to see how they lived. Sobessos excavation, as it was winter a lot of the dig was closed, really nice mosaic floor. Hike in Soganli Valley hidden churches, easy walking path. Could have taken more time at this instead was kind of rushed to lunch. Soganli lunch the hosts were so gracious and nice but you are battling for your food with tons of flies. I enjoyed it but heard complaints from others. Its rustic. Old ladies selling dolls and handcrafts cute stuff but it is a cutthroat business and you feel bad buying from one and not buying from others. Derinkuyu Underground City fascinating how they lived, though not really much to see as each floor seems the same. Down there for less then 20 minutes, seemed rushed, then came up top and had to wait for tour guide to have another cup of tea. Again I recommend the sites the tour gives you some good info. but a car and a map may be better. If squeemish bring lunch.

5  Thank pei162
Reviewed December 30, 2012

What a lovely day my husband and I spent with Jules. We are avid photographers with some university training and I was eager to have a local guide for a day. We visited a local town, quite a few landscape vistas and had a beautiful lunch in a local restaurant. We very much enjoyed Jules' company and her knowledge. (Soory, not sharing my best photos, they're copyrighted)

4  Thank RebeccaSTSummers
Reviewed December 29, 2012

They were professional from the start when I booked a day tour in Cappadocia, answering all my questions and offering suggestions to make the trip even better. Our tour guide was informed and took her time in answering questions and giving us details on each location. She had a sense of humor and kept us all awake even after the hefty lunch that was served. We learned so much about history, covering the 'ABC's ;)

1  Thank Maureen J
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Arranged all my tours over emails, and they answered all my questions before I booked. All tour guides were friendly and helpful, not one problem on any of my tours. Each tour went as planned and some tour guides went beyond their responsibility to show different aspects of the tour. I would strongly recommend this tour company to friends and family.

2  Thank Janine R