“Great food, service could be better...”
Review of Sedef Restaurant

Sedef Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 111 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My family and I ate here on the advice of the owner of our hotel. We actually got a 10% discount by mentioning we were referred here.

The restaurant was packed, which was a good sign. We were seated fairly quickly, but after that service was quite slow, and very inattentive. We ordered a pide, an adana, a kofte, and beef shish. Prices were reasonable (about 20TL/entree). They also came out with a large, delicious freshly baked flat bread. It had black seeds on top and was probably the best bread we've had so far in Turkey (and bread is served almost everywhere here). We devoured this thing so fast that they didn't even have time to bring out the accompanying dip--oops! lol We were starved after a long day of traveling.

When the food finally came out it was hot and tasty. No one had anything bad to say about it, and we all came out feeling full without being overly stuffed.

They could benefit from a little more customer service, but I'm not sure if I'm asking for too much in this part of the world. Overall, customer service seems to be somewhat lacking here.

Go for the food, and don't expect the best service and your stomach will be happy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed May 1, 2014

First place we dined in as it was recommended by the hotel owner (his friend owns it!). Perhaps the biggest selection of choices we saw in any Turkish restaurant. Good food and service, popular with the locals, my favourite place in town.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us and it didn't disappoint! We ordered the Testi Kebabs and were even allowed to crack the pots ourselves. The food was delicious and there was a great selection. The evening was made when our friendly waiter Serkan gave us a complimentary dessert after we volunteered to help in the kitchen. Great fun, food and people.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended by our hotel owner and he was not joking. The food was incredible and not overly expensive. The atmosphere was pleasant, though we had been drinking quite a bit and perhaps disrupted that pleasant atmosphere a bit. The best part was the service. We felt like royalty there!

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Didn't meant to try this. But in the way I saw the restaurant and menu and wanted it give it a try with my family. This is one if the best place I have ever had turkish iskender kebab. I tried in few other places in turkey. This was the top for iskender kebab. Not too expensive. I would recommend to everyone.