“One of the best places to eat”
Review of Sedef Restaurant

Sedef Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 109 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate here on a number of occasions becuase our first experience was really good. The food tastes great, you get freshly baked bread which is nice and soft with your meal, and the service is reasonable. They give you a complimentary dish, I can't remember what it is called but it is made from Couscous. Give it a go, we thought it was nice. I found the clay pot chicken to be the best here.

1  Thank Dipesh K

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lovely staff, great food (clay pot meal), great local wine... all in all, everyone visiting Goreme should eat here!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

After a wonderful hot air balloon flight, my fiance and I had a delicious meal at Sedef with our tour guide. We ordered the clay pot dish- I forget the correct name. The presentation was awesome! They brought out the flaming clay pot, then broke it in half, and served us the steaming food on the inside. It was absolutely delicious.

The service was also excellent. Our waiter was very kind and the owner of the restaurant even came to our table and spoke to us and welcomed us to Turkey. We had a wonderful experience!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Sat outside on a beautiful evening and the staff was attentive, the food was quick (not too quick), and it was outstanding. I had the sizzling plate with chicken and peppers (comes on a stand).
I am kind of a snob and this place is great.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went on a Friday evening and they had free live music - great, but loud, you don't want to sit directly next to the performers. The food is good and the prices are reasonable (not cheap, but not too expensive). Great bread!