“Clean with good shower!”
Review of Royal Stone Houses

Royal Stone Houses
Ranked #4 of 74 Goreme B&B and Inns
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Clean with good shower!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I often travel alone and like to walk about at night, the ten minute walk on the ill lit road into the town wasn't comfortable. The rooms are clean and spacious with good linens and comfortable beds. However the rooms are not sound proofed which is bothersome with all-hours comings and goings. The prayers are very loud especially the ones at 530am, but my room faced the minaret with the speakers. Choose maybe a room in the prince house, or one not facing the rear. The bonus of staying here and waking early is seeing all the hot air balloons floating by your window, or enjoy breakfast watching the balloons, its magnificent.The breakfast's boring especially if you don't eat meat or wheat. Choose the no-breakfast option and get something at one of the many restaurants in the town. Overall not a bad experience but I would choose a cave hotel in the town next time, and there will be a next time!

Room Tip: Don't face the minaret! Prayers at 530am are very loud.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 25, 2013

if given a chance to come back in cappadocia..i wont think twice but to stay in this hotel. the place itself is so nice..the hotel staffs are so much accommodating, the hotel is clean. in other words, it is perfect to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2013

While planning the trip, the staff at Royal Stone Houses were very helpful and responsive in making sure that our stay was as enjoyable as possible. Captain Suat, the chief air balloon pilot at Royal Balloons answered all my questions. I believe we were one of the top contenders of asking the most questions!

When we arrived, we discovered that the rooms were very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The heat and air-conditioning worked great, which is very important in Goerme since the temperatures fluctuate so much. Also the staff helped out with advice on where to hike, eat, and even went out of their way to help call and communicate with our tour guide from another company (who was running late on pick up).

All the staff were like friends to us during our stay and were fluent in English -- even the owner of the hotel greeted us at breakfast every day. Speaking of the included breakfast, it had a good variety of hot foods as well as breads, fruits, and cheese.

The location is about a 10-15 minute walk from the main Goerme bus stop, but it is worth it. Another plus is that the hike overlooking the love valley is easily accessible from the location.

Simply an outstanding place to stay in all terms - hospitality, comfort, accessibility, and amenities. We'd definitely recommend it to any friends that were making their way to Goreme.

Room Tip: Communicate with the staff before arrival, they are very friendly and accommodating!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt L
Jakarta
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My trip in Turkey was not well planned, it was something decided in a rush.
I picked this place at the last minute, and how was I lucky.
The staff are all so sweet and helpful. Thank you to the owner Mehmet Dinler that helped me with plenty of information during my visit to Kapadokya. The other staffs also super, thank you Togal and Ibrahim and many that I don't know by name.

For such a moderate price, it is so much more in value.
The room is spacious, and the quality of the amenities are great. I slept like a baby after a long flight and an overnight road trip when I arrived.

The hotel is part of Royal Balloon, the most recommended balloon service in Kapadokya. I took it and it was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Delvi S
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had a very pleasant 4 night stay at the Royal Stone Houses in Goreme. The staff are extremely helpful and went out of their way on several occasions to ensure that we had what we needed.
The room and bathroom were clean and the beds very comfy.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Still at the Royal Stone Houses's Room!

Just back from balloon tour with Royal Balloon :)

First of all - SHOULD try this one, cause of outstanding service!!! All staff is very nice. English speaking. Place looks WOW. Candles all over at night been so nice. Great mixture of local traditional and modern comfort styles.

Don't bother of what to do. Book your ticket to Keyseri or Nevshehir airport. And just come here. They will help you with all the rest. Balloons, horseback riding, tours. You will see all beauty of Cappadocia staying in good professional hands! ;)

Money wise - it's hard to believe, surprisingly LOW! With 5 stars quality and service!!!

Oh!!! Complementary fruits from Mehmet DINLER... Another reason - you SHOULD come to Royal Stone Houses!!!

Enjoy!

Room Tip: This place is 100% great. No matter which room you choose. You'll enjoy it!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HelenaD86
Placentia, California
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Recently (October 2013) my wife and I stayed at the Royal Stone Houses in Goreme, Turkey. Please believe me when I say it was one of the most memorable hotel stays we've ever had....and we've traveled to quite a few countries in the world. However, if you're looking for a fancy-schmancy hotel (high rates, expensive food, etc.), this is NOT for you. This is a basic, but much-better-than-average hotel with an outstanding staff (wish I could find the doggoned list of staff I asked for) and managed by a top-notch manager-owner, Mehmed Dinler (Hi, Mehmed). From the moment we arrived, until we returned to our temporary home/work location in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, we were treated just like family....and that's a completely honest statement. I cannot think of one department within the hotel which didn't go out of its way to WOW us. And, the countryside is one-of-a-kind with the "fairy cones" everywhere....in Cappadocia, Turkey. One other thing which my wife told me about is the unbelievable view from a hot-air balloon (piloted by some of the best balloon pilots you'll ever meet) at sunrise, which the hotel offers to all guests (as well as guests at other hotels in Goreme). Seldom does one find such an accommodation. This is also true to me....and that's why I'm taking this opportunity to share it with you.

Room Tip: Rooms in the King House on the 2nd or 3rd floors (no elevators....but the staff takes care of that f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family