“Enjoy the flight!”

Cappadocia Balloon Ride and Champagne Breakfast
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Royal Balloon - Cappadocia; We offer Luxury & Exclusive Hot Air Balloon Flights in the spectacular and extraordinary landscape of Cappadocia / Turkey.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 4, 2013

They picked us from the hotel on time (6.30 am in winter) with new and clean mini-van and brought us to their office located outside of Göreme city center (5 mins ride only.)

They had our names written on the blackboard telling us which eating table no., bus no. and balloon no. we were going to take (they are all the same number. No confusion.) They wrote my names wrong even if I "typed" my name correctly in the reservation form--one minus point.

The breakfast room was a bit too small and they fixed the table and chose even the seats for us--I mean we had to have breakfast on the same table with strangers who were about to ride on the same ballon. I was not really happy about it. The breakfast was generally okay, only with cold food though.

We also got a DVD box about Royal ballon which I haven't played it yet, plus a winter hat for each passenger.

The plan said that we will depart from their office at 7am on that day. After we finished breakfast (after 7 o'clock), we kept waiting for like 20 minutes until we got informed that we have to wait for the wind. I understand that the weather condition in winter is pretty bad but late information means another minus point.

I saw that a crew that looks professional (and seems to be captain leader) was testing the wind with small balloon from time to time. That was somehow cool and kept me awake :D

We finally managed to depart around 8am. They took us to the departure point which is not that far from the city. The balloons and the crew were already starting to grow the balloons. It did not take long time until it was ready. It was nice to see how they fixed it.

We got that captain leader I mentioned earlier for our flight. The basket got 4 small blocks and 1 big block in the middle. The big one is for captain and gas. The other 4 are for 12 of us. Captain chose the block for each of you. It could be that you get different block than your partner. A basket block was not that small. it fits 3 people perfectly.

The flight was smooth. We were happy eventhough it was cloudy and there was no sun rise on that day.

Captain was great and kept talking to entertain us and gave us the knowledge about the area which was nice. Only that he was too curious and also asked awkward/personal questions that made some of us felt uneasy. I felt that myself and I saw "the feeling" on the face of another passenger on the balloon.

The flight last about almost an hour for queen flight. The flying time depends on the wind on the day your visit. It did not borther anyone that it lasted not longer than 60 minutes. We were all happy, I believe

The landing which I was afraid the most was totally smooth. Nobody got injured. The crew came to help us claimbing out of balloon. They prepared champagne and orange juice to celebrate after the flight. Each of us also got silver medal for the queen flight.

We were pretty much happy about it. I felt good that I paid more to use service of Royal balloons. If you want cheaper flight there were many companies around but i would not dare to rise my life with the cheap ones which people had bad accident before.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,984)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

In a trip of many highlights ballooning over Cappodicia was at the top of the list. Told to be out frount at 5:30, but van arrived at the Kelebek Hotel (highly recommend) early so came to room and got us. After 5 minute drive arrived at headquarters, checked in, paid in cash getting all the discounts they said I would get with no problem. Breakfast was ok, plentiful but you wouldn't say it was great. They put you at a table with the other passengers in your balloon. We had the Queen package, which meant we only had 2 other passengers in our balloon, so it was good to meet them. There seemed to be a little confusion leaving the site and as we were driving off we could see other balloons taking off from the field across from our location. At this point I was a little annoyed as dawn was happening and we were still in the van. Arrived at take off location which was 10 - 15 minutes out of town. In no time they had the balloon filled and we were on our way. Our captain was from Australia and he did a fantastic job. Told us about what we were seeing, interesting places to visit and was pleasant company. He told us they purposely waited till after sunrise to let the winds die down and give us a more pleasant ride. Whether this was true or not I don't know but starting off out of town seemed well worth it. It gave you more time over the rose valley and areas you want to see as opposed to the grassland where you land. Our captain got us right down low in the valley so you could really get a great view but also took us high to give you the aerial views. At the end we landed right on the hitch attached to the truck and they broke out the champagne and the tip bucket. I threw in $20 US, I never know how much to give.
As noted we got the Queen experience which is a longer ride by a half hour, a smaller balloon and less people (4 or 6 as opposed to 12 and up). I think it was well worth the additional cost. Having 4 people let you talk to the captain, move around as you wish, gives the captain more maneuverability and just seemed like a more personal experience. Though they don't go as high as the bigger balloons, but you go plenty high. I was with my girlfriend who can be a bit nervous, but she was never scared as the flight was very smooth. A truly great time.

1  Thank pei162
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I choose Royal Baloon because they have nice testimonial, and i proved it. We get what we pay
Amazing and wonderful flight with the handsome and friendly pilot Goksel. Enjoy flight because little people in a basket. I got safety, luxurious and nice experiance. Very recomended.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our flight with Royal Balloon. They are professtional, on time and organized. On advice from a friend, we decided to book the Royal King flight and we were not disappointed. There was only one other couple with us, plus the Australian pilot. David Parkes, the pilot, was excellent. The scenery is spectacular and a balloon ride is a must in Cappadocia.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We used Royal Balloons and they were excellent. We went for the Royal King and we had only another couple, ourselves and the pilot in the balloon. Well worth the extra. The experience was great.