“Hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia with Royal Balloon”

Royal Balloon - Cappadocia
Cappadocia Balloon Ride and Champagne Breakfast
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Royal Balloon - Cappadocia; We offer Luxury & Exclusive Hot Air Balloon Flights in the spectacular and extraordinary landscape of Cappadocia / Turkey.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I went on a hot air balloon ride with Flemming - Royal Balloon on 18/9/12. I'm still speechless! An absolutely amazing experience and our pilot was brilliant :))

2  Thank SuzieQ62_12
There are newer reviews for Royal Balloon - Cappadocia

Reviewed October 12, 2012

1) fabulous flight 2) the amazing sight of 100 balloons ascending at sunrise 3) floating stunning landscape. AND our pilot, Suat Ulusoy, was wonderful!

3  Thank wwlindsey
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Royal certainly seemed superior to other balloon companies on the morning of our flight. Everything was flawless and the trip was exciting! Our pilot flew the fartherest he'd ever flown, long after the other balloons had all touched down in the same local) and he has been ballooning in Turkey for many years. It was exciting and beautiful and we highly recommend Royal!

4  Thank lll60795
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hot air ballon is a great way to experience the landscape of Cappadocia. Royal runs a fairly smooth operation but it is a large operator. The entire process is managed to handle large numbers of customers: hotel pick-up, breakfast, dispatch to ballon, takeoff and ride, post ride champagne, and delivery back to hotel. You are packed pretty tightly in the baskets with around 16 people. Given all of that it is a good experience. Personally I would probably prefer to have a more personal touch and would rather skip the free breakfast in order to reduce some waiting times needed to manage the flow of large numbers of people. I didn't have time to research the various options and just had the hotel handle it.

Bottom line: I didn't regret the trip and enjoyed the ride.

2  Thank Markus S
Yakup D, Owner at Royal Balloon - Cappadocia, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Markus,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your balloon flight with us.

I would like to clarify some issues regarding your review.

-The balloon you have flown is one of the smallest commercial balloons in Cappadocia and it is for 16 persons if you consider most of the companies in Cappadocia are using 25-28 even 32 personned balloons.

-We do not transfer our passengers directly to the launch site in the wee hours and keep them wait in the dark like others. We particularly serve full open buffet breakfast to our passengers at our HQs otherwise the passengers might feel dizzy or faint in flight if they fly with empth stomach. Also it allows our pilots enough time to check wind and weather conditions to find a good launch site for a better flight as we change our launch sites daily.

Best Regards

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had never flown in a hot-air balloon before, so this was a totally new experience for me. I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting to have such a good time up in a balloon, but I really did. The location is perhaps the most scenic for hot-air ballooning in the world, especially at sunrise, and the pilot of our balloon, Mr. Flemming Goransson, was an adept controller and guide. The basket fit about 10 people and it was definitely comfortable enough for me and my family. If you make one trip to Kapadokya in your life, you have got to make a journey up into the heavens with these guys. You won't regret it!

3  Thank grantberg