“An incredible journey!”

$170.24*
and up
Butterfly Flight
More attraction details
Owner description: Floating effortlessly just an arms stretch away from the tops of the fairy-chimneys, fruit trees and then ascending high above the ice cream coloured ravines, this is simply the best way to travel above the valleys of Cappadocia.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you're ever going to take a hot air balloon ride, Cappadocia is the place to do it! Butterfly Balloons did not disappoint. They picked us up on time, took us for a light breakfast and registration, and we were off to the balloon site in a timely manner. We had an excellent pilot and ground crew that not only ensured we had a safe journey, but also highlighted some of the main sites in the area. We were also particularly lucky to be in a smaller basket of only 8 people, although expect to have up to 16 in a larger basket. There's a reason why this is the number one rated balloon company in the region!

There are newer reviews for Butterfly Balloons

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I just wanted to take the time to write a review. We were truly impressed by Butterfly balloons. We will make it short. They were the first ones to reply to our inquiries via email. They were the first ones to pick up the phone when we called. They were exactly on time when they picked us up at our hotel (5:00 AM sharp), and we ended up spending more time in the air then we were supposed to. They even gave us a small discount when we booked. That said… It’s always great when everything goes well BEFORE your flight. What about the flight? Simply AMAZING. Really. We ended up with Mike, who is definitely THE BEST hot air balloon pilot in Cappadocia. Definitely. We went both higher and lower than everybody else. We were even fortunate enough to pick up apples while airballooning. Amazing, no? Mike kept turning the hot air balloon, so that everybody would get a good view, all the time… He didn’t only turn it once… All the time… He talked, explained, etc. Just look at the picture and you'll see what I mean. Well… I hope his boss is aware that he plays a significant role for the company. Thank you, Mike!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had the best trip ever with Mike our pilot. Compared to many of the cowboys we met around town with a variety of tours we were glad we chose butterfly. We went over all the valleys and even getting down really low and up to about 6000 feet! Just an awesome experience and this was really made by how professional Mike was and his awesome humour along the journey. Topped off with champagne at the end, I think this was y far the highlight of my trip here and know why this tour company is number one on this site.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am someone who hates heights and hates flying. My partner and I decided we are in Cappadocia and its a must do. Butterfly balloons had the best reviews, and the highest safety rating. This company was PERFECT. On time, breakfast was light and fresh, and the balloon ride was unlike anything you'll ever do. We had such a great pilot, Mike Green, he was funny and knew heaps about the area. The ride was so smooth I didnt think about my fear of heights once, there is something relaxing about silently gliding through the sky. Our basket wasnt over crowed either as we saw other people in the air and didnt look like they had room to move. We didnt pay extra to have less people either. I am so happy we went with these guys and I would 1000% recommend you go with them also.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The experience is surreal....made even better by Butterfly balloons. The only one we have done, so cannot compare with other companies. After a lot of research, we decided on Butterfly balloons...a decision made easier by the fact that the hotel we were staying was also owned by the same company that owns Butterfly.
It was very reassuring that they cancelled our morning flight due to inclement weather even though other companies did fly & refunded the money of the people who could not come in the afternoon or another day.
We did go in the afternoon & it was a tremendous experience.
Capt. Mike is one of the most experienced pilots & one of the first to balloon in Kapdokya. His experience is evident & his affable nature is a bonus.
The sights & the silence during the flight are surreal.....Certainly a must do.
The copious amounts of bubbly at the end of the flight while the sun set behind us made this a magical experience for us.
Do not hesitate to book with Butterfly balloons.