“The Highlight of our Trip!”
Review of Butterfly Balloons

Butterfly Balloons
Book In Advance
More Info
$162.67*
and up
Butterfly Flight
More attraction details
Owner description: Floating effortlessly just an arms stretch away from the tops of the fairy-chimneys, fruit trees and then ascending high above the ice cream coloured ravines, this is simply the best way to travel above the valleys of Cappadocia.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,981)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"great pilot"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

First of all, let me say I hate crowds and people. People ruin things, so I was willing to pay the extra amount for the beyond flight just to have less people. However, the flight had been cancelled the day before, so they were not offering the beyond flight I had wanted.

It turned out to be perfectly fine. There was 16 people in the balloon - but it didn't matter. Mike, the pilot, turned the balloon constantly. This ensured that every single person had the best view possible. They had five balloons going up the morning we flew and they had clearly broken the customers up by nationality, with the native English speakers having Mike (an Englishman).

The flight itself was amazing. Mike took us down in the valleys, pointed out churches, and a fox, even telling us about the produce being grown. It was a wonderful hour. However, even when we landed the fun was not over! They told us we could walk on the balloon and take pictures. I even went over and "helped" put the balloon into the bag. As I was helping, one of the crew members picked me up and put me on top the balloon bag! They then did this with several of the ladies. The crew were amazing - taking our pictures both while we were in the basket and afterwards with our champagne.

They strive to be a "deluxe" company, and I they certainly meet the goal. I only half jokingly told my husband that since we did the one hour ride instead of the 1.5 hour ride that we had almost enough money in the budget to do it again the next day - it was truly that awesome! You must do a balloon ride while here! It might just be the BEST thing I have ever done before 7am!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was most impressed by the way everyone involved, from the pilot and crew to the support staff at the office, made this a special experience for us even though they do the same thing every day. The breakfast before the flight was a surprise, but a good way to pass the time until loading the mini buses to travel to the launch sight. The organization of the crew in getting us all in the basket reassured me that this was an experienced group. They even played photographer and took photos of us with our camera. There was one child on our flight. I don't know what the company guidelines are regarding age, but the basket is quite deep and it would be advisable to make sure your child would be able to see over the edge before booking a flight.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Fantastic experience! I felt safe and confident in our pilot Mustafa Gunal and co-pilots ability. It was slightly more expensive than other companies but if you pay cash you get 10% discount which evens it out. We were given a breakfast whilst they were checking the best place to take off. We were slightly delayed as they changed the take off site, but this was actually reassuring. It made me feel that our safety was their top priority. The scenery was stunning and the landing was just like we kissed the earth. We then were given certificates and champagne to celebrate. I was told they have 100% safety record and this didn't surprise me as I'd felt very safe with them. I would highly recommend them!

1  Thank Moronstravels
See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife, daughter and I took an 1 hour balloon ride in late June. Truly an awesome experience that's not to be missed. Our pilot was Mustafa Gunal who was professional, friendly and very comforting to my scared daughter. When the flight was over her knees had stopped shaking and she loved it. It was a very organized process. They picked us up from our hotel at 4:30am, short drive to the office for a very nice light breakfast. Divided us into small groups (10 in ours) and then drove to the lift-off sight which changes everyday depending on the wind. We were up in the air within 10 minutes having a surreal experience. Soft landing directly on the trailer with a champagne and cake snack to finish the voyage. We all help flatten and fold the balloon and were back at our hotel in 30 minutes in time to go back to sleep or eat breakfast again. Your preference. Highly recommend Butterflyballoons.