“Wonderful and unique”

Ranked #12 of 108 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bringing you the quintessential Anatolian Cousine in a magical setup among the fairy-chimneys and the valleys of Göreme. Indoors as well as outdoors dining option with live Turkish music on select days.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We spent 6 days in Goreme, lodging at the Sultan Cave Suites (separate review). Because we are older and this was my celebration trip for being cancer free, we ate at this on site restaurant every night (saved me from walking in the dark) and once for lunch. This gives me a special perspective on the value of Seten Anatolian Restaurant. We tried most of the items on the menu between the two of us, and not one dish disappointed. Because we were staying at the hotel, we received a 10% discount at the restaurant, and if you are a budget traveler the normal prices are not inexpensive. But, do go there for at least one meal as a special treat.

The service is WONDERFUL and because we were there so frequently, we observed the attention and professionalism given to many diners. We even saw a group of hikers who had not changed for dinner being treated beautifully when they complained that there was no pizza on the menu. This would be like going to a very special restaurant in the states and complaining because you could not order a hot dog with chili ( which I love, but come on).

Atmosphere is just lovely, with numerous dining rooms, each special. The fireplace was really appreciated on one rainy chilly night. And there are many ancient pots and authentic decorative items adding to the warm impression.

I was able to try stuffed pumpkin blossoms for the first time - wonderful and light. And of all the dishes, my absolute favorite was one of the most simple: bamya, a stew of beef and okra in a heavenly perfect broth. For those of you you who think okra is always slimy, this dish will be a revelation. My husband enjoyed the locally produced wine while I appreciated the hot tea.

I am allergic to the protein in cow's milk, but can enjoy other dairy products. Knowing this, on our last evening the staff presented us with a gift of the desert assortment and included on that was the very unique goat milk ice cream made in Turkey. This was the first time I have had any ice cream in over 20 years and this stuff is amazing. It does not melt like normal ice cream and had a silky texture - the tuber of an orchid is used as a binding starch. If you are anywhere in Turkey you must try this very unique ice cream, DONDURMA.

I cannot imagine what caused the negative reviews by a few, but our experience was perfect and I do not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Seten Anatolian Cuisine

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

An atmospheric restaurant that does excellent Turkish food. Was only a bit disappointed with the service provided, with me and my friends occasionally ignored since all waiters (of which there were many) were attending to a table of VIPs of sort. Overall a superb gastronomic experience nonetheless.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had two wonderful dinners at Seten during our visit in early February. Haydar and Ibrahim were so warm and friendly. The food was excellent and so was the atmosphere. This is totally unlike other hotel restaurants - the food is great and we had a wonderful time.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just as we stepped into the restaurant, we got this warm welcoming feeling. The decor, the lighting, and the waiters created a perfect mixture of cozy feeling restaurant. Our waiter Haydan was very kind and helpful. He recommended us the 'Palace Kebab' as he said it is very good. We ordered, and it surpassed our expectations. We were looking for a light dinner so our 2nd dish was the Bostana Salad which had a citrusy taste, also good. After, Haydan gave us a sampler of Turkish delight. We wanted to try them all but our stomach could not handle anymore food. Overall, the entire experience was great which gives this place a 5 stars in my book!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We just had an excellent meal here, with local Cappadocian wine. Haydar and the guys were friendly and attentive during our dinner. Totally recommended.