“Very friendly, clean, and beautiful”

Ranked #49 of 75 Goreme B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very friendly, clean, and beautiful”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at the Travel Inn after leaving a hostel in Goreme that was less than desired. We wandered in, looking for a double cave room within our price range, and we were shown a beautiful room with an incredible view, a jacuzzi tub, and our own semi-private balcony. We were amazed and excited. The hotel is run by a family, headed up by Suleiman, and they were very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. I would definitely stay there again. My only critique is that we were a bit cold in our room - fun fact, caves are cold, even in April.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelInnGoreme, Manager at Travel Inn Cave Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2017
Dear our guest , Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed in our hotel and hope to see you again in our hotel.
Travel Inn Cave Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
British Columbia
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We had a room with a large window facing the twon so it vented OK. I would be wary of rooms inside the hotel as they would be musty and dark. There was a few very nice looking rooms higher up in the hotel, with better views than we had.

Breakfast was not that great, and the snack bar was costly for anything extra like a soda or water.

Service was good, Internet only worked in the lobby but that was OK. My travelling friend got sick on the day we were checking out and they had rented out our room but the staff allowed him to sit outside a room upstairs and sleep on a couch and use the rooms facilites. Very decent of them as he was in a bad state. Beyond the call of duty we thought.
Location is good, a bit of a trudge up hill to the hotel and at night there are dark alleys everywhere but always felt safe wandering around by myself.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Pristina, Kosovo
Reviewed December 20, 2011

What do you expect with a cave room. It smelt musty but it was interesting. Ours was the big room with many beds etc. The bathroom looked very good but had a very small window into the toilet that all the staff used- with a shower, Turkish style toilet etc. Interesting. Ours was a regular toilet but I was always aware that on the other side.... Didn't want to shut the window because it was the only one in the whole room. Our room wasn't as nicely decorated as the other rooms but I suspect it was more authentic. I thought they used it in the winter as their own living space. It had everything except a kitchen. The breakfast room was basic and the food was adequate. Just an interesting experience. You won't find a picture of this room on their website!

Room Tip: Chose one of the smaller rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Avoid any rooms with no windows. They are damp and dusty. Basic services. Breakfast ok.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Antalya
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Well being a guide I had my group of five lady's in that hotel. Lucky me that the owner had sold my and the drivers room out. So we got an other hotel in Ürgüp. But my guests... Muddy smelling rooms because no windows to the outside. One guest had a window into the corridor where everyone could have looked in. One other guest had forgot something in her room. When I searched the room I found socks under the bed that looked ages old. Even money and a pearl (lucky me again). The rooms are nice decorated but that's all. I asked for a wake up call for ballooning and the answer was sure if they wake up later then we do, we can wake them up. Having paid hundreds of dollars for the balloon and a moron doesn't wake you up you can be sure you will lose all your money. Even for luggage I told him to pick up luggage at 08:00 a.m.. when I got there half of the luggage was near the street door unattended. The other half I had to get down by myself. When I saw the owner 30 min. later (meantime all luggage still unattended) I asked him why he didn't bring down all the luggage. The answer was superb. I am not the slave of the guests and there's not enough money for extra staff. My hole family is in the tourism business. I have never met such a guy. If you are above 50 there's no way you drag your luggage up or down the stairs this hotel has. Such people shouldn't be hotel owners.

Room Tip: the uppermost room; which is a suit and still dirty, hard to reach by spiral ladder.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Panoramer
TravelInnGoreme, Owner at Travel Inn Cave Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I was very surprised to read this review, as the group of ladies that stayed at my hotel never had any complaints about the rooms or any other aspect of the hotel or its staff. When I spoke to them they told me that they were happy with staying at the hotel. When the travel agency phoned me to make the reservation for this group, including their guide and driver, I explained that I didn’t have enough vacancies for the whole group. The travel agency said that they would be happy if I could at least accommodate the group of ladies, and that they would book a different hotel for the driver and guide, which they did.
I do not understand all these bad comments about me and my hotel. All our rooms have windows and are thoroughly cleaned each time the room has been vacated (besides the daily cleaning). We will always provide guests with a wake-up call and help them with their luggage. I too have worked my whole life in the tourism sector and have never heard such unjust comments about my work, and can only put them down to the bad mood of the guide in question.
Oakland
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The hotel is tired and grungy, though it's in a good location and the restaurant has a nice view. We had one of the dark and musty cave rooms. I would not recommend staying here, though we were booked by our tour company and had no choice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed September 30, 2011

When staying in Göreme you of course want to sleep in a cave. We were very pleased to have get an enormous cave with 5 beds, sofas,Tv, table and chairs and lots of space decorated as a sultan place to our disposial. We slept here for several nights while exploring the exciting surroundings. For sure the biggest room we have had any place. From pictures at the hotel it seemed to be the former restaurant that was turned into a huge family room. The owner was very polite but looked very tired. Brekafast was rich and nice served upstairs on the roof terrace. As we were there in the colder period we were thankful for the opportunity to bring down the food and have the breakfast in our room. Bathroom is small but ok. There are many places to choose between when staying in Göreme but as we wanted to sleep in a cave we were happy to find this place at a very reasonable price. Owners wife makes her own necklaces and bracelets for sale at the reception.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family