“Paradise on earth!”

Caravanserai Cave Hotel
Ranked #42 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This is paradise on earth: perfect breakfast, wonderful people that give you advise on goreme and all turkey... Charming rooms in a spotless cave! Beautiful luxury showers... All this in a total caravanserail atmosphere! Loved it, loved it, loved it!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We spent three beautiful nights in this wonderful hotel in centrally located Goreme. Serdar and his father were wonderful hosts who made sure we had a wonderful time and organized tours for us, as well as gave us a lift to nearby sights when we wanted to wander. On Saturday morning early (like 5:30am) make sure to go out to the balcony area and watch the balloons go right over head!

Room Tip: Room 106 was great for a couple - big bed and room to move.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We spent 3 nights here in early June and had a great stay. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was quite nice. Serdar helped us with a bunch of things in town, including booking the airport transfer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have traveled over 15 counries, so I have stayed in many hotels. Even though this hotel is not luxurious, I think it is the best hotel where I have stayed. That is why there is a special and kind hospitality. The owner of this hotel, "Oruc" and his son treated my mother and me like their close friends and they always tried to slove my problem and fulfill our needs. It made my mother so happy and relieved our of country. They are so humorous and kind. It made me forget a little dissatisfaction about accommodation, and they also changed my room to another that my mother wanted to stay in. I really recommend this hotel to travellers who want to feel like home after a long journey...*^^*

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in Göreme for 2 nights only and already after the booking I have received welcome mail from Serdar. Great helpin any case, friendly helping with organizing tours and everything else needed in Cappadocia.
Serdar and his father were always there and very helpful. As my bus was leaving at 19:00, I was offered to take a shower and get the towel as well, which was realy wellocme after the whiole day under the hot sun of Cappadocia.
The room I was , in a ground floor, comfortable and clean. WIFI available all the time.
All in all , pleasent stay in Göreme

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days with my sister. We were greeted by the owner, Serdar, when we arrived. He knew we had a long morning of travel (awake since 4am!) so he immediately let us choose between two vacant rooms on the ground floor. We went with the cave room, of course! He then took us up two stories to the terrace where they serve breakfast. If you ask, the German cook can make you an egg omelet with tomatoes and cheese. It is nice to escape your cave room to the fantastic view upstairs where you can enjoy inside, outside under a tent, or on the open sofa. The only downside were the pesky cats that wanted food.

The hotel is conveniently located near the town center, which is fairly small. We walked back and forth throughout the day several times with no issues. Serdar recommended a friend's restaurant for our first dinner and it was excellent! He also had recommendations for tours/ballon rides, but we planned to explore on our own and he was fine with that -- not pushy at all! It is common knowledge that hotels make a commission from booking your tours; however, people should keep in mind that the tour/balloon companies set prices NOT the hotel. We negotiated a great deal on a hot air balloon ride and were told several to not tell anyone because they have "market" prices to maintain.

His father, cook and other staff were also very friendly and welcoming. His father even offered to drive us to Love Valley and sent one of his staff as a guide because he was concerned about our safety! It is unfortunate that another guest misinterpreted this nice gesture -- the valley was rougher than expected and it was a good idea in hindsight.

My only recommendations for them is to protect the WiFi with a password. Although they have 3 WiFi networks throughout the hotel it was rather slow at times. Also, I would have enjoyed an authentic BBQ with management and staff like others mentioned but I don't think there were many guests during our stay to make this possible.

Overall, it was a great stay and I would highly recommend Caravanserai to others.

Room Tip: ask for a cave room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I visited this hotel last Jun 1. till 3rd. This cave hotel is well decorated with traditional Turkish items. The room is cozy and clean. Washroom has shower and bath. Clean towel and bedding sheet are available and free to use at anytime. Additionally, have Wifi in the room. If you need to do laundry, you can use laundry machine, free of charge.^^ the location is near by bus station, local restaurants and shops. Easy access!

What i like most from this hotel is not only the facility but also friendly host of the hotel. These people are the most kind and helpful people ever. They are willing to help and happy to talk with their guests. They also book for me any kind of tour programs. And any transfer system what i need. The host made a phone call to booking the Metro bus to Denizli and soon they brought me those ticket. It was very impressive.^^b

I enjoy a lot while i am staying in this hotel. And thank you for the hospitality and your kindness. I wish to visit again. And defiantly recommendable!!^^b
------------------------------------------