“Highly Recommended!!”
Review of Sunset Cave Hotel

Sunset Cave Hotel
Ranked #63 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I spent 3 nights here at Sunset Cave Hotel. The room was amazing, in a cave and very comfortable, the breakfast included was delicious too! The location was perfect, only a short walk to the main street, not to mention the spectacular views!
I booked my couple of tours through the hotel as I wanted to be sure to have a good quality tour an balloon experience, which was absolutely amazing!
The managers Hasan an Chetin was what really made my stay fantastic, they both genuinely cared about my stay there and ensured I was enjoying my time. Highly recommend staying here as it will just enhance your memories of this fantastic place, I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
mehmet d, Yönetici at Sunset Cave Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Reviewed February 14, 2013

my husband and i had 5 days in goreme and this hotel was central to everything, hotel was clean, breakfast plentiful and there was endless hot water and 24hrs central heating. owner and staff very friendly and spoke good english and also arranged trips for us and gave us lots of local information, great view of goreme from the hotel but in a peaceful location. only 5 minutes walk from the shops etc which were all open even in the winter, i was surpised to find nearly everyone spoke english (I am english and my husband turkish) - lots of attractions and places to visit within easy distance of the hotel. can't wait to go back again

Room Tip: we were on the first floor but great views from all levels
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were staying 3 nights..everything is just perfect. We had De Luxe room in the chimney, very spaciuos room with jacuzzi bath. Very clean. Breakfast good. If you are going just for couple of days, my advise is to organize and tours and balloon by Hotel - Mr Chetin is more than happy to help you with everything (in that case you don't have to think about nothing, Sunset will do for you).
Maybe it's just better to contact Hotel directly to book the room and tours as they can give you a price as package!!!!!!

Room Tip: De Luxe room on the last floor, spacious, jacuzzi, and beautiful view from terrace in the front of t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

It feels that owner (the man who meets the guests) tries to do his best, but...
Of course, he is extremely friendly and helpful. He didn't even ask us for our passports while it was asked in every hotel in Turkey. It's good idea, I like it.
Several sad details spoiled everything.
It was no kettle and teacups in the room despite it should be according to the booking.com description. No minibar (fridge was absolutely empty). We didn't need it but it was in the description. No safe box.
In the bathroom after having a shower or a bath it was a giant puddle. No curtains in the bathroom but it seems that a puddle caused not only by this fact.
Poor wi-fi - signal was ok just in one half of the room close to the door, in other half with bed wi-fi signal was very bad and unstable cause router is too far from the room and walls are thick. In winter it matters a lot.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here on my visit to Goreme - clean rooms, sumptuous breakfast, very friendly staff - you can easily chill out on the roof with a cold beer - never mind the season! The hotel offered me uninterrupted supply of tea at no cost - breakfast to die for! They will even arrange ballon rides, bus tickets or day trips - you can get the best deal here. Ask for Chetin - he is absolutely adorable and very helpful.

Hot and cold water, every room has heaters and clean blankets. Absolute silence - as the hotel is a little away from the noisy town centre - hard to say that really, because Goreme is not at all noisy.

Room Tip: The rooms are all quiet - as the hotel is set a little distance away from the town centre - very pea...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Myself and my wife stayed at Sunset Cave Hotel .Excellent breakfast and very good food we ordered from the menu at dinner time.Service staff are very friendly and helpful throughout the whole hotel.Love my stay here and would strongly recommend this hoteI for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for room 102.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cameron C

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was reach at cappadocia on the 9 nov, mid night, is first time I been this place alone, sure, I was a bit nervous.
I choose to stay in sunset cave hotel ,goreme,cappadocial as I saw a lot good comments from trip advisor about this hotel.
The facts are true, I was welcoming by the owner of sunset cave pension, mr chetin and mr hasan,,at the late night, I feel warm as they are waiting for me and trying to prepare foods for me.
The cave room is very unique, clean and bath room is very big. The view fr the terrace is wondeful.
Location is very good, by 5 min walking distance to town and 10 minute walking distance to Sunset point.
The breakfast is simple but is perfect as one of the staff can make different cookies and desserts, and is delicious. The staffs is very helpful and we used to hv fun together.
The owners of this pension also organizing the tours and hv hot air ballon company.so is very convinience if u wish to joint any tours.
I no feel like I am guest is this hotel, as everyone treat me so good, it make me feel like I m at home. Mr cetin is good cooker as well, I m so lucky that I can taste his foods, its really taste so good.Don't miss it out!
I would like to recomend another restaurant in town, restaurant called "Cappadocia Pide house " , just 5 min walking distance from hostel.food is nice and price is reasonable.
I m sure that I wil come back to this hotel and I wil recomend to my frends who going to come visit goreme,cappadocial soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo