We stayed at Divan Cave House for 3 nights in late June and we had a fantastic experience!
First of all, I'm not sure why some people are complaining about the service, because we were really impressed by how friendly and helpful the staff was! For instance, we arrived in Göreme from Istanbul by night bus, so we were there pretty early in the morning (around 8:30am). Even though we were way ahead the check-in time, they treated us as guests as soon as we arrived, and even offered us to have breakfast while they prepped our room – which was more than welcomed after this hard travelling night! They will gladly help you if you need assistance in planning activities such as a hot air balloon ride. They also offer their guest activities such as a sunset hike in Rose Valley, and a walk to the sunset point. A special thanks to Abdul and Ali for their hospitality!
The room was comfortable, modern and clean, and the breakfast had more diversity than most hotels we have been to in Turkey : cheese gözleme, lots of fresh and dry fruits, eggs/omelettes ordered to taste, the usual tomatoes/cucumber/cheese/olives, etc. Plus, the you can enjoy your breakfast on a nice terrasse with a nice view over the town.
The hotel itself is not centrally located, which makes it more quiet, and, Göreme being a tiny litlle town, everything is easily reachable by foot. They offer free transportation to and from the bus station if needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Divan Cave House is located in the old, upper part of Goreme, less than five minutes' walk from the town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your Divan Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divan Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Divan Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey