Divan Cave House
$67
$63
$162
1,074 results
All reviewsturkeyrose valley tourballoon ridethe hotel stafffamily suitehotel is locatedbreakfast was excellentairport shuttleday tourwonderful staybeautiful viewunique experiencehilltourscavecappadociahospitality
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights from Oct 8-10 as part of our trip to Cappadocia. I stayed in the family suite with my parents and my sister (4 adults). From the time we arrived, Hanife and her brother Volcan did everything to make sure that our trip was memorable. Hanife gave us a rundown of the tours that were available and which ones fit with what we were interested in doing (taking into consideration that we were traveling with 2 seniors). Volcan accompanied us for a walk around the area for about an hour and introduced us to his brother Osman, who even drove us into town several times. We only stayed for 2 nights, and switched to a hotel in Urgrup for the 2nd two nights because we wanted to experience both towns. Volcan even drove drove us to our new hotel (twice, in fact: once for my parents/sister and once for myself when I returned to the hotel post-checkout once I finished my tour).

The hotel had some 15 cave rooms, including a few in the upper levels of the fairy chimney. The family suite had 2 bedrooms, a common room and 1 full bathroom. The room was well decorated with traditional furnishings, spacious and comfortable. We felt like we were guests staying at Hanife, Volcan, and Osman's home instead of a hotel. All in all, the owners and their staff were exceptionally friendly and hospitable. I'd recommend this hotel wholeheartedly to anyone who wants a great base for exploring Cappadocia.

Thank you Volcan, Hanife and Osman for your hospitality during our stay!

Room Tip: Check out their website directly to see the room layouts and make your selection accordingly.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BBBoston_AlanB
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a great experience in Goreme thanks to the Divan Cave House. Hanife, who was bascially responsible for guest relations, was extremely helpful with planning before our trip and also after we arrived. Feel free to email their contact email.

Hanife helped us book our hot air balloon tour, giving us a good overview of various packages and their hotel recommendation. Also, once we checked in, she introduced us to the area and walked us through the map of the area, suggesting activities, sights, and where to dine at (Seten was incredible and reasonably priced).

Rooms aren't the newest or fanciest, but they are fairly spacious, clean, and cozy. Overall, we had a great experience. Volkan was also very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Thank you Osman and Hanife. İ have been visiting Goreme for several years and took the chance to try the Divan Hotel which had opened only two years previously. The experience of sleeping in an authentic cave room was a delight, it was so cool and quiet. A leasurely breakfast on the terrace was a good start for the day of hiking through the valleys. On the recommendation of Osman I dıd an early morning balloon ride over the startling landcape that ıs Cappadocia. I was given good information for local hiking through Pidgeon, Honey, Rose Valleys etc. but to save money and time İ dıd take the tours covering the Underground Cıty and Ihlara Valley. For anyone who has underestimated how much time is needed to see all the wonders of Cappadocia then the available tours are essential. I highly recommend both the Divan Hotel and Cappadocia as a destination not to be missed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Carolyn Heather C
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My girl friend and I had a great experience at Divan Cave House. We had a cave room which was very clean and comfortable.
Location was gorgeous. The view from the breakfast area are striking especially early morning when the balloons take off.
The service was very good and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jacklenno
Reviewed October 12, 2012

+Very helpful staffs. They gave us an immediate run down on the availability of tours and places to see and things to do the moment we arrived as our room was not ready yet. That helped save some time and money as we need to plan how we want to utilize our 3 nights there. They gave us a bigger room that had a living room (348)-big plus to offset to the things we didnt like below. They came to pick us up from the Tourist Info for free at 7am in the morning when we reached from an overnight bus from Antalya and even gave us complimentary breakfast. 5 mins walk downhill to Goreme town centre.
-They promised on email that if we paid the hot air ballon ride by cash and take one of their tours(green/red), we will get Eur10 discount per pax off for the balloons and 20% off the tours and free one way airport transfers. We didn't get the 20% discount, they claimed they told me that. I rechecked my emails but there was no communication on the miscommunication. Housekeeping was a little below standard e.g our used cups was not washed. Breakfast was quite minimal and only starts at 8am. 10mins walk uphill from Goreme town center. I think I can find other nearer and better hotels for the same price if I go back next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple