“excellent food and service with a homely feel”

Old Cappadocia Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Robinson River, NT Australia
“excellent food and service with a homely feel”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We enjoyed three meals which where all superb, Halil and his wife Fazilet (an accomplished hat knitter) made us so welcome, honestly we just didn't want to go anywhere else.
We finished each evening with a great Turkish Coffee.
All in all with Cappadocia providing so many natural highlights it was enjoyable to finish a full to the brim day with good company and well prepared fresh food.

• Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“Great food for all”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Were there two times, a large selection of menus is the national food, everything is fresh and delicious. Welcoming staff.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Anna S
Essex, Montana
“Friendly service, okay food.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had the Turkish-style pizza with "Meat and Vegetables" at the recommendation of the server (probably also the owner or manager, as he was the only person around)- it turned out to be minced meat that is often used in Turkish dishes. Of course, this is only personal preference, but I was not a fan. I was able to finish most of it, but only because I did not want to bother ordering anything else. Perhaps this was an error on my part for not ordering something I knew I would like, but I try to be adventurous in foreign countries, and it's rare that I am disappointed with a meal. The service was very nice, and I'm sure that other menu items are delicious, but I decided to not return to see for myself.

Visited December 2012
“Lovely place”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food was nice, but the highlight of the place was the waiter (I wish I knew his name), who never stopped smiling and was lovely! Very comfortable sitting, nice space outside.

• Visited November 2012
Adelaide, Australia
“Good food”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a brilliant night sitting outside next to a couple of Americans. We enjoyed good food and the very quaffable local Cappadocian red wine.

Visited September 2012