“Home away from home”

Ranked #51 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at kookaburra pension for three nights in August and it was absolutely fantastic. Pension has great terrace, sitting area and good rooms and more importantly an amazing staff. ihsan and Ali are friendly, very helpful and they make sure you have an unforgettable stay. They take care of everything from breakfast to tours, help with anything you might need. Ali also took us out on the pigeon valley for the sunset and we all had a great time. Kookaburra pension was hard to leave and I will definitely be back just to go back to Kookaburra. Thank you Ali and ihsan for making me feel home and being great friends..

1 Thank ceyd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hostel is beautiful; big and clean dorms, great common area. Great location in the center of Göreme. Great atmosphere. Ihsan and Ali are amazing hosts, very helpful and friendly, had drinks with them every night, and we were even invited to share a Turkish meal with them. Will definitely recommend it, and come back :)

1 Thank Leda_12
Hobart, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Not a bad thing to say about it! Great location, great room, fantastic terrace. Had evening beers everynight with the owner and staff. So relaxing and learnt a lot. It is going to be hard torr me to leave!

1 Thank chris l
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed 2 nights after having to change our booking. Ali sorted it all out and Ihsan was most helpful as well. Great breakfasts of muesli, yoghurt and fresh fruit were a most welcome change after 6 weeks on the road round east Turkey. Room was clean, bathroom all good - lovely views from roofs and terraces.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JNJNewZealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed for four nights in a dormitory, which has four beds. The room is very basic but it's spotless clean. The bathroom just outside the dorm room is also kpet very clean. I took a shower sometimes early in the morning and sometimes late in the evening, never had problems with hot water at all.
I also liked the roof top terrace with pretty plants and relaxing atmosphere. The view from this terrace is also amazing. You can catch the wonderful landscape of Cappadocia from the top terrace there.
Every morning I could start my day with simple but hearty breakfast. It came with coffee or tea. I tried several kinds over my stay, I appreciated every meal, but muesli was my favorite.
The owner Ihsan and his staff Ali were very friendly and happy to answer my questions as to how to organize my days. With the help of their advice, I had great time discovering the beauty of nearby valleys on foot on my own.
During my stay, I felt that Ihsan and Ali treat me as a guest rather than a customer, which I appreciate the most.
I definately recommend this place to you, if you are a budget backpacker like me who care for home-like place more than well-trained hospitality of luxury hotel.

1 Thank amy-im
Goreme, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

First day in Goreme started with nice hotel and nice people who are running this hotel. Very nice rooms, comfortable, with hot water and internet and also veryyy clean which I really appreciate very much! Both Ali and Ihsan are very nice and helpful in all questions which you may have. Before coming to Goreme I was searching more than one week for excursion tours, but couldn't do it myself. This two wonderful guys, Ihsan and Ali solved all my excursion problems in 5 min! It's best place which I can recommend to stay in Goreme. Stay in this hotel, enjoy hospitality, nice service, great view to Goreme and kind, interesting owner Ihsan and his assistant Ali :))

Room Tip: They are all very good!