“Perfect Stay in Cappadocia!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Elysee Cave House
Ranked #4 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Perfect Stay in Cappadocia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I travelled to Cappadocia and stayed at Elysee for 3 nights.
Cengiz the owner is amazing! He upgraded our room since it was a quite week and walked us through all our options for tours and hikes in the area. He puts no pressure on you to book tours or balloons with him etc encouraged us to go for walks/hikes on our own. We do recommend the green tour!
We had an amazing experience in Cappadocia and I highly recommend staying here. Clean nice rooms/bathroom a great filling breakfast and fantastic host.
We hope to return!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arati_r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My family of four had a great stay at the Elysee Cave House. The hotel is beautiful, quiet, great location, and the staff was great. The rate was inexpensive. Cengiz, the owner, was so welcoming and took great care of us. He recommended a very good tour for our short time in Goreme. Breakfast was awesome and they even made pancakes for our kids. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: There are a number of rooms that sleep 4-5. We saw three of them and they all looked great. We chose...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JacobYarrow
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The staff is incredible. You feel home at Elysee Cave House. Everyone is very helpful. The rooms are authentic. very clean and pretty big. I stayed with my mom in a double bed room. We were so comfortable. It can be a great honeymoon suit as well :) I totally recommend it. Locationwise it's right by the center where you can rent a car/bike/scooter. There are many restaurants and shops around that area. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

i cant find words to describe how we really miss that place. The 3 nights we spend there in the family room with our 3 kids were the best days in our turkey trip. The room was big, clean and comfortable..warm allthough it was -10 outside...the breakfast was decent but great...the cake which the owners wife was backing fresh in the morning was amazing and my kids loved it. The owner and all people there were so friendly and welcoming that we really had the feeling we are at home. They even bought a great birthday cake for my husband, cause it was his birthday. I am totally sure that we will just go to this place again as soon as we are again in Goreme.Thank you all again and wish to see you very soon...my nice family in Goreme.

Room Tip: all rooms are great....but ours (famly room) was the best!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank iminice
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

My stay at the Elysee Cave House was absolutely perfect, and even much, much more than I had expected, especially given the extremely reasonable rates for everything that is included, specifically:

- Beautiful, tastefully-designed, very clean, well maintained and comfortable rooms: I stayed for 5 days in winter and the room was wonderfully warm – with a piping hot shower and fluffy towels - to return to after a day out in the Cappadocian cold

- Extremely generous and delicious Turkish breakfast spread, served on a GORGEOUS rooftop terrace that offers a MAGNIFICENT and unbeatable panoramic view of the golden, rolling landscape across Goereme, with hot air balloons gently soaring past in the early morning

- Free WIFI throughout the entire premises - there are WIFI routers for every floor to ensure that the WIFI signal is strong and stable no matter where you are on the property

- PERFECT location – in the heart of Goreme village with dozens of restaurants, cafes, shops and the bus terminal literally just steps away, yet located in a quiet alley that is discreetly tucked away for peace and comfort. Also a very easy and beautiful walk to attractions like the Goreme Open Air Cave Museums (must-visit) and Goereme Panorama point (another breath-taking scenic lookout area)

- Most significantly, the amazingly personalised attention and service provided by Cenghis (the owner) who truly goes out of his way to treat each and every guest like royalty. Cenghis is as genuinely kind, caring and as honest as they come. He helped me to book the hot air balloon ride and a green tour: both were fantastic experiences by trusted and professional operators, at rates that are the best in town. You should definitely have Cenghis at the Elysee Cave House make all your local tour arrangements for you, and not waste time trying to do it yourself at the agencies on the street (you will not get a better deal than what Cenghis can get for you)

I also greatly appreciated the fact that Cenghis really did everything to accommodate all my requests e.g. room requests, late checkout etc and even insisting to send me to the bus terminal without me even asking, in order to make my stay at the Elysee Cave House as comfortable and indulgent as possible! You can tell that he is so genuinely pleased when he sees that his guests are happy, that it really makes staying at the Elysee Cave House such a pleasure.

All in all, this was by far the BEST accommodation I stayed at in Turkey, and at the best rates as well. The Elysee Cave House is a real value-for-money gem which was hands-down, among the biggest highlights of my adventures in Turkey.

Summary: it is so divinely beautiful in Cappadocia/Goreme itself, and there is nothing more fitting than to complement that experience with a stay in an equally magical accommodation like the Elysee Cave House. I can't emphasise this enough. If you don’t choose to stay at the Elysee Cave House while in Goreme/Cappadocia, you will regret it! I loved my stay so much even in winter that I’m already planning to go back in summer in a couple of years (and definitely will be back at the Elysee Cave House again then!)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank hellochubbybunny
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

use it was the BEST budget accomodation in Göreme as per TripAdvisor (and I can confirm it).
I stayed 4 days in this magic place. The house and the cave room I had were clean, comfortable & beautifully arranged. Cengis -the owner- took care of all the guests at all time. His English & French are great and you will soon realize why he is one of the most respected persons in town!
Price was perfect for my budget.
Thanks Elysee team !

• Stayed December 2013
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been a couple of times in Cappadocia, and this year I chose to stay at the Elysee cave house in Goreme.
This is a great hotel in a fantastic location! close to everything and remote in same time! the owner is a very gentle men, always ready to help and making you feel welcome at any time of the day. The charm & comfort of a boutique hotel and a traditional family atmosphere...pretty rare these days, especially at such a good price!
I will come back, that's for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple