“i didn't want to leave!”

and 1 more site!
Spelunca Cave Suites
Ranked #43 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was the best experience I have had at any hotel. Perfect local experience, with surprisingly luxurious rooms in a unique cave setting. such a value for the price. i insist that everyone who considers going to turkey should stay at this place. They really make you feel like royalty with how far they go to make your experience a good one.

SERVICE: The staff was so accommodating. They had a fire and glasses of wine waiting for us when we arrived, and encouraged us to relax because they knew we'd been traveling for 18 hours. They picked us up from the airport in a private shuttle. They chatted with us in the evenings, giving us recommendations on places to eat, arranging for any activities we wanted (hot air balloons), and even had a BBQ party for us and had a friend play the Turkish Guitar and sing for us, all because we'd inquired about the guitar on the wall. We were wondering if they'd charge us for any of this extra stuff, and they did not. They were completely fair in the final price. The owner and his staff went the extra mile for us, and made us feel like family. I seriously almost cried when we had to leave and say goodbye.

ROOMS: perfectly clean. travertine tiled bathroom. the jaccuzzi was amazing. didn't lack hot water at all for us. bed was comfortable. it was 5 stars in my opinion. Breakfast was amazing. Something for everyone. Granola, toast, omlettes, eggs, yogurt, traditional turkish options (no idea the names, but it was all delicous).

LOCATION: walkable to the town and to the open air museum. also, it's up the hill, so it is a very quick walk uphill to the top to look out over the city (go at sunset or sunrise). very convenient.

Room Tip: Go for a Cave Room. The ones with Jacuzzies and Fireplaces were worth the slight extra fee. I stayed...
There are newer reviews for Spelunca Cave Suites

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

First I have to start by saying that the owner is very pleasant. I had a great time and fun with my family. He arranged dinner for us in a small restaurant when we arrived cause it was quite late. He drove us there. The cleanliness was ok, the could improve on that. My room, specially the bathroom was huge!! Breakfast selection was poor. The only inconvenient we had was that I booked my room for 3 and the room wasn't ready with the 3rd single bed. They took almost one hour to find a bed and put it in our room.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is alright, not wow. The good thing is Wifi and jacuzzi but lacks hot water very often. The staff is friendly, have trouble communicating in english but can still manage. The annoying part is while having breakfast they stare at you and the bed sheets arent clean.The way to hotel is narrow, while walking you have to be careful from the vehicles passing by (especially at night).

Overall its an average cave hotel with good price and friendly staff.

Room Tip: There are better options out there!
Reviewed March 23, 2013

A very nice experience of staying in one of the many " cave" hotels in Goreme. My wife and I spent 3 nights in this 16 room hotel, well managed by friendly staff who provide assistance without being obtrusive.

With lot of restrictions from the Govt. there are not much changes which the owner can do to the cave rooms I am told, but you can expect, clean, neat rooms and premises. The break fasts are also pretty good.

I would recommend Spelunca Cave hotel to those visiting Goreme, Turkey.

Room Tip: Take the top level room with balcony, it has a beautiful view being on a height. Around 8 am the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mallapur
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights in one of the cave rooms and couldn't have been happier. We loved getting to know the owner,he was great....he was willing to go out of his way to make sure we were happy. He had us pay for everything at the end of our trip (which seemed a little strange to us) but he was TOTALLY honest and gave us a fair price on everything. He arranged transportation to and from the airport, found us a good price on a hot air balloon trip, and gave us recommendations for activities in the area. Breakfast was delicious, the place was clean, location was perfect. If you are looking for a smaller local feeling hotel in Goreme then I can't imagine a better option.

Room Tip: The cave rooms are worth the little bit of extra money.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was an excellent place to stay! The staff was incredibly friendly. They picked our group up from the airport and greeted us with a bottle of local wine and a warm fire. One night they even barbequed chicken for us and had a friend play traditional Turkish guitar. They also were able to find us a great deal on a hot air balloon trip. The only advice I have is to not worry about paying for everything at the end of the stay. We were slightly concerned about it and what we would be charged for and how much, but everything was perfect and there were no surprises at all. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights and i found the hotel ok . if i would have not seen other cave hotels, i would have loved this hotel but yes there are much much better cave hotel in other parts of cappadocia.

the Experience of staying in Cave hotel is different, so thats the best part. The hotel have limited facilities were only breakfast is served which was not lavish but very good . they booked our dinner in a restaurant in market which was also very good .

the staff are friendly and helpful .
So my advice is dont expect a luxury hotel coz its not.
If you are looking for luxury with cave experience dont come to this hotel.

Room Tip: take a room which have a bath tub , as we dint had one.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Panoramic Cave Hotel
#11 of 78 in Goreme
Aren Cave Hotel
Aren Cave Hotel
#4 of 78 in Goreme

Been to Spelunca Cave Suites? Share your experiences!