“Pretty photo backdrop”

58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Pretty photo backdrop”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I didn't ride the horses, but passed this on the way to the Goreme Open Air Museum. Pretty horses against a lovely backdrop!! Stop to take a few photos!

Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We ended up being the last ride of the day, so it was a little rushed in order to get back before dark. It was very nice seeing the area on horseback. I would have liked a longer ride, but frankly I do not think my thighs or rear could have accomodated it. Our guide spoke English but did not offer many explanations of things. Some of the paths we took were very narrow and quite steep, a little scary at times. My husbands horse had to be kept last as he was a biter. We are both beginner riders, so I was a little surprised they would have given him a biting horse as there seemed to be alot of horses to choose from in the coral. Also, his stirrups were set way to low which he did not realize till after. It was a difficult ride for him, especially trying to stay in the saddle.
They did provide helmets and a free pickup and drop off to hotel. We did finish our ride after dark, and when i went to pay, the guy trying to get 5 extra turkish lire out of each of us. I told him the hotel told us 40 lire each not 45, so he said, okay okay. Watch out for price gouging and I guess it would not hurt to get the price straight before the fact.
Look at the chickens they have there. Feathered feet! Very cool. Also on the ride back, our seat did not seem to be bolted down, so you can find yourself and the seat moving about. Hold on tight.

Visited November 2012
Princeton, Kentucky
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Amazing Views of Cappadocia on Horseback”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Totally amazing views of Cappadocia on horseback. My family did a 2 hour ride thru Red and Rose valleys and were blown away by the views and scenery. The guide was not overly friendly or helpful, and was a little too bored. The horses should have been better taken care of, my daughters horse was limping often and stumbling. They provided helmets and stopped halfway for a break. Overall a great horsback riding experience. Do it.

Visited August 2012
Auckland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Horse riding in the Rose Valley”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We did a two hour horse ride in the Rose Valley which was a different way to view the fantastic scenery. Our horseman guide was from Afghanistan and very friendly and helpful. The horses are well cared for and sure footed (thank goodness)!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TravelTeam2Auckland
Tucson, Arizona
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Great family horseback riding even for beginners!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We didn't have a review before choosing this place but I had read negative reviews on the Avanos place as being unsafe and not scenic. We loved our ride with Goreme Ranch! They accommodated our request to do only one hour (we have 3 kids ages 4, 7, and 10 - and one hour is enough for the 4 year old!), and they seemed very safety conscious: Helmets provided, 2 guides went with us to lead me with the 4 year old and then the 7 year old, and they decided to walk (the guides) instead of ride to keep things safer. The main guy went with us too, as I asked if someone spoke English. The ride - even at one hour - was beautiful through totally scenic areas, and even though we got caught in a hail storm on the way back, it was totally worth it and fun. We paid about 50 Turkish Lira for the one hour trip per horse (no charge for my daughter who rode with me). We are so glad we did this and would totally recommend this activity and this ranch!

Visited June 2012