“Late Night Meal”

Ranked #7 of 121 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Hi,Here are some outstanding features of our cafe:We have THE BEST espresso coffee in Cappadocia (just look at the reviews). To keep things interesting we provide daily homemade specials made by Fatma Cingitas (local of Goreme). Love our food, you'll LOVE our cooking classes, learn from the best, Fatma Cingitas, in her own cave kitchen. Enquire within the cafe. We also have daily English Newspapers available to buy/read. Free book swaps are available to take (as long as you replace with another).
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After a day of travel and bit of sightseeing we were ready to try some local cuisine. During the day the crepes are prepared to order right in front of you. We found the spinach and cheese crepes to be very good. Later in the evening, my daughter and I returned to try the chicken kabob, a toasted tuna sandwich, and drank their delicious tea. For family at the hotel, we took a cheese crepe and their delicious lentil soup. Since its was close to 8:00 PM we enjoyed some extra special attention. But if you go during the day, you will find the place quite busy, expectedly so since the food is good and the prices are very reasonable. We plan to go back to try their rice pudding since they had run out of it by the end if the day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

When we went to the cafe, we had really good food at fairly reasonable prices. Also, we saw a notice in the menu that the cook gives Turkish cooking classes in her home. Our two daughters (14, 16) signed up and had a great time. They learned how to make four traditional dishes from the owner in her own home kitchen, with one of her staff translating for the girls. It was a really fun experience and one they will remember for a long time. We were then invited to sample the wares for lunch so all four of us dined with them too. It was very good value and has created lots of good memories. Apparently, this is very popular in the summer so sign up as soon as you can. It was special for them as they were the only two that day but the classes will be bigger in the summer.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went there based on good reviews Tripadvisor on and were not disappointed. This is where I had my brush with Sahlep, and fell in love with it. My wife and I visited that place daily for the rest of our stay in Cappadocia. Ali, who runs the place is a charming fellow with a lot of stories to tell.
They have wi-fi, and the food/beverages are light on the wallet. My wife loved the latte that she had along with the appetizers.
When I could not find the powder for Sahlep anywhere in the market, Ali brought a pack from home for me to take back with me, charging mejust the base price for the jar.
Come visit for a great overall experience.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice in our stay in Cappadocia. The Adana kabab is my all time favorite, I could eat this everyday and not get tired. The food is good, nice warm restaurant, helpful staff. Free wifi to hang out.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The guy who runs the place, Abbas , is a young chap with a welcoming nature and friendly attitude. Had hot chocolate the first night and went back the next day for a caffe latte. Nice coffee with lively music in the background.