A trip to Cappadocia is definitely not complete without a stay in sandstone caves. Sleeping in the cave rooms carved into the side of the hill was definitely a unique and very comfortable experience. The high domed ceiling, Jacuzzi, and soft lights provided a romantic ambiance at night. Our room and bathroom were huge for two people and we had ample space for our luggage and belongings. Everything was very clean and we were glad that tea and a hot water heater was provided.
The warm hospitality of the owners definitely complements the charming atmosphere of Dervish Cave House. They offer a decent breakfast buffet each morning with a basic selection of fruits, yogurt, jams and morning drinks accompanied by eggs or toast cooked-to-order. Our cave room was on the ground floor so were were able to access the lobby wi-fi.
Location-wise, the hotel was very close to the city center. We parked our rental car in front and walked to most of the main attractions and restaurants. You could walk to the Goreme Open air Museum but we opted to drive. For day excursions, we followed the Green Tour one day and the Red tour the next day, accompanied by an early morning hot air balloon ride. Dervish Cave House was the perfect "home-base" for both tours. I would highly recommend this hotel for a memorable stay in Goreme!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dervish Cave House offers enchanting and elegant accommodation in restored 8 old Cappadocian house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Dervish Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dervish Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Dervish Cave Hotel
- Dervish Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey