“Second home in the mountains”
Review of Dervish Cave House

Dervish Cave House
Ranked #35 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the staff here - They are incredibly friendly, laid back, helpful, funny, and kind. They go to great lengths to ensure you enjoy your stay - whether it's breakfast outside of regular hours, a ride to the Turkish baths, or inviting you to share a raki on the patio. When there was a mix-up with airport transportation, they sent a car to pick us up right away, no questions asked. It honestly felt like home during our stay.

The facilities are also great. You are a few blocks up from the heart of the small town of Goreme and can walk almost everywhere. The patio/lawn has incredible views, and is the perfect place to sit and enjoy delicious, made-to-order french toast (the best!) or eggs. The rooms are spacious and quiet, and the jacuzzi tubs are a wonderful welcome home after a long day of hiking. That being said, there are certainly challenges to staying in a cave - it can be a bit damp and not all rooms get much light - but big windows, beautiful Turkish lamps and AC/heat/dehumidifier with a remote make these challenges easy to overcome.

This hotel gets my highest recommendation!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Dervish Cave House

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The room is to be paid up front on check-in. I was lucky to get upgraded to a King size suite at no extra cost. This B&B hotel is well situated and the rooms very comfortable. My room was across the street from the main building pictured in the photo. Breakfast was a bit chaotic but a reasonable selection and the rolls are especially delicious. There is no bottled water provided in the rooms, a management decision which is worth re-visiting as it is an inexpensive commodity and not everyone wants to take a chance on the tap water despite management’s assurance that it is completely safe to drink. Hotel could perhaps benefit from a woman’s touch – no criticism of the friendly efforts of the all male cast intended. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was good to great. The courtyard with the great view, the cave rooms which were in fact very nice and modern, and the owners were fantastic. I mentioned it was my son's birthday - they got him a cake. I mentioned a restaurant I had read about - they directed me to a better one. The included made to order breakfast and buffet were great, plus it's an easy walk into town, close to a convenience store. The Dervish provided a great experience all around, and I really wanted to stay a few more days!

Room Tip: The expansion rooms across the street are way way nice and big!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Best family hotel I have been so far. Very helpful staff and great advisers. We stayed in a deluxe family room and was great, spacious, very clean and neat. We arrived earlier morning travelling from Istanbul by car and they prepared us a really nice breakfast. During our staying anything we wanted and requested has been promptly attended. We left hotel early morning and asked for lunch pack which they provided us without any extra charge. I can´t describe how good, helpful and incredible those people are.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had a wonderful stay there. A lovely room, extraordinarily helpful staff and a fine breakfast. The managers Ibo and Cemal (pronounced Jamal) go the extra distance to make your stay fantastic — they were born there and know every detail of the area.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I visit Cappadocia many times and I like to stay in different hotels when I get there.So I stayed at Dervish Cave House Hotel on 29 March.It was the best cave hotel I have ever seen.I liked the room ,it was large and well-heating system and fantastic,you can use the wi-fi in your room as well.The service was excellent,I like the breakfast menu ıt was rich and delicious.I ask them what can I do and İbrahim informed me about their activities and tours I did just green tour and I was impressed all the places which we visited in the green tour,it was great.They are really helpful and they do the best for you to make you happy. It is close to the city center and there are lots of restaurants when you get down you can try the traditional foods.
So,if you are looking for a hotel you should go Dervish House and I m sure you will like it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and really like the room and location of the hotel. Good breakfast with lots of options for hot food. The staff were knowledgable, warm and helpful. They knew the sites and were to eat good local food. 2 of the cousins who mange the hotel also flew the balloons and it was reassuring to climb into the ballon of the man who we saw that morning at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple