“Lovely experience in Dervish Cave House”
Review of Dervish Cave House

Dervish Cave House
Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I spent two nights in Dervish Cave House last week and it was fantastic! The hotel is very clean, charming, warm and very romantic. If I come to Turkey again, I'll come back for sure!
The staff were very nice, the booked for me the transport from the airport and all the tours in Cappadocia. Everything was very easy, and I just had to enjoy my time there!
Very good breakfast, the French toast were delicious!
If I were you, I wouldn't have any doubt to chose this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 11, 2012

The staff at this hotel go out of their way to help make your stay enjoyable. Prior to arriving I was able to arrange airport pick up and a day tour for the very next morning so that I had nothing to worry about upon arrival. I ended up booking a hot air balloon ride for the next morning at last minute and that was not a problem either.

The rooms are clean and cozy. The jacuzzi in the bathroom is a nice touch too. The location is really close to downtown

Would I come back? Yes. Will I recommend to friends? Yes.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The Dervish Cave House is a great option in Goreme. It is in the midst of the beautiful sights in Cappadoccia with spacious, beautiful rooms. In fact, the bathroom was the largest and most modern we encountered on our trip. The service was impeccable and the staff was super helpful. There is a lovely courtyard area to sit in the evenings and the eat breakfast in the morning overlooking the rocky landscape.

This is an excellent choice and very very fair prices!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We arrived on Valentine's Day and I was pleasantly surprised to find that my husband had spoken with the staff to have something special done for the room. There were rose petals scattered on the floor, a bottle of wine, lit candles, and chocolates! They really went above and beyond to make our stay special! The room was amazing - we've never stayed anywhere like it. We took a recommended tour through the hotel with Nomad Tours, which we highly recommend (we took the red tour and it was a perfect combination of activities and very cheap!) The room was a bit cold at night, but it was still more than worth it. Looking around at other hotels, I think we truly found the best one in the area and would not have chosen anywhere else!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ann H
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed here for 3N during a trip in December. It had snowed 2 days earlier and the complete town was white washed. It was great fun to stay at Goreme and this hotel was a good choice we made after reading the reviews on TA.
The only downside to the entire experience was that the Heating is a bit on the lower side. I am sure that it is expensive to keep the heating system active at all times, but when you come back to the room, you really wish that the heating was stronger. Having said that, everything else was right on track
Our pickup from Nevesehir was on time and efficient and we were dropped right outside the hotel. The checkin was quick and our Cave room (no 8) was just was we had imagined it. The bed is comfortable and the bathroom area is also spacious. The breakfast spread was the same everyday, but we weren't complaining.
The town square is around a 5 minute walk away, but uphill on your way back. You can pick up refreshments, water, from stores in the town square. There are also 3 ATM machines located near the Otogar (Bus station). The hotel fixed us up with Nomad Tours for 2 day trips and we really liked the services of Nomad as well. They also helped us arrange for a transfer back to the airport. They provide free wi fi, but the coverage inside the cave rooms is slightly weak. You will have to step outside into the common terrace area for a stronger signal
We would highly recommend the Dervish Cave Hotel as the experience of staying in a cave room surrounded by snow is definitely once in a lifetime

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KetanMohile
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Loved the room. We had a deluxe double room and it was very comfortable and very private. The staff were excellent and very helpful, especially the guy who brought breakfast in the morning (I forgot his name). Also when we arrived in the morning after a 12 hour bus ride, they allowed us to have breakfast even though we haven't checked in yet, which was a nice gesture.

Some criticism though. We stayed there for 5 nights yet they did not change the sheets or the towels once, which we found very disappointing. We did leave the keys for the room to be "cleaned" by I honestly don't know what they did, as nothing was touched, not even the key/coffee was filled. But this does not detract much from our stay which we thoroughly enjoyed

Room Tip: Room 1 was excellent :)