“Could not have been happier ....”
Review of Ufuk Pension

Ufuk Pension
Ranked #13 of 34 Specialty Lodging in Goreme
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This place is a success because of Orhan.

He looks after you day after day and makes sure you experience Cappadoccia. I worked in the tourism industry for years, and Orhan exemplifies the kind of person you always want to help you. Now, with a 2nd child on the way, he just needs to protect his sleep.

We had the ground floor 'family suite' which was really two triples that shared a bathroom. PERFECT! We were 3 adults and three kids, and had lots of space for the 6 nights. Another great recommendation from Orhan.

Breakfast every morning was nice and ample, no need to start the day hungry. Relaxed, quiet courtyard, great view of the fairy chimneys.

In his own quiet way, Orhan helped us pick a balloon company, find a driver for the day, and even a rental car in Selcuk when our original reservation cancelled PS AVOID CIZGI RENTALS. He gave us a ride to the lookout so my 85 y/o father wouldn't have to walk up ..... And so it went again and again.

UFUK is simple, warm and welcoming accommodation at very reasonable prices. My only complaint - lumpy pillows. (boo hoo)

Make this your first choice in Goreme.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed June 10, 2011

Now seeing the photos of hotel I miss my stay there so much! It was a warm reception, they are so helpful. I love people there. Moreover is well located and it has an affordable price! I recommend and if I come back to Capadoccia for sure I will stay there again! Thanks so much to make our stay there so enjoyable! Telma from Brazil

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Spent a few days here and loved it. On arrival we were met by Orhan who made us feel so welcome. We were offered drinks and then shown to the most enchanting cave room which would be ours for the length of our stay. We had hired a car and driver but our driver spoke very little english but Orhan was good enough to act as our translator, we were not able to get a tour guide but Orhan told us the best places to visit and gave our driver directions, A great breakfast is served every morning. This hotel was lovely and we plan on going back next year. the sites are amazing and the people of Cappodocia so helpful. Thanks to Orhan and his helper for all they help.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I didn't have one of the cave rooms. My room was very clean (but dark - could've used another light). The showers are the type where the stall is the entire bathroom - water was hot & pressure was good.

Staff was great & breakfasts were decent. I enjoyed the location.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2011

İ stayed at Ufuk first with my group tour then I went back for a second tıme on my own. İ like this hotel because its atmosphere creates a place of community. İ prefer to be able to meet new people when I travel alone. İ could stay at a four star or above but I stayed here because of the personalızed servıce. The bedrooms and bathrooms are small and do the job. Do not expect four star or above qualıty of the rooms. This is a three star pensıon. If you want to stay ın your room all day ın Cappadocıa then your crazy. Thıs hotel ıs for outdoors people. A place to sleep peacefully and enjoy the beautıful people and surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Potemkin300
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The atmosphere is really chill at this hostel. The owner/manager of this hostel, Orhan, is very resourceful and was very helpful to us. He was able to provide us with the best prices for the balloon rides and day tours for Cappadochia. My room and bathroom were clean and was above and beyond of what I expected given the low price for accomodation.

WIFI IS FREE!!

I'd recommend this place to all of my friends!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My wife and I were part of a GAP tour that stayed for 2 nights in Goreme. The provided accommodation was a stinkhole. The first room reeked of it. We were shown another room - same thing. Looked at a third room, no change. The owner, who was very accommodating in many ways, was non-plussed by the odour and said it was too expensive to fix the plumbing (probably meant he had to rip up the floors in all the showers to install P-traps) and just told his guests to stuff a wet towel in the shower drain when not in use. So, 'enuf said, we didn't stay there for the 2 nights and found a room at an adjacent pension. The other 4 members of our group chose to stay and stuffed towels in their drains. To be fair, as we didn't stay there, we can't evaluate any other elements of the accommodation. But, anything that smells like poop, ain't worth a stay!

Room Tip: Don't go