“The Ultimate Cave Experience”
Review of Holiday Cave Hotel

Holiday Cave Hotel
Ranked #12 of 75 Goreme B&B and Inns
Muscat, Oman
“The Ultimate Cave Experience”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and it was an amazing stay. Mehmet, the Manager, is a great guy and extremely helpful. He arranged my whole trip for me while my stay in Goreme, including Air Baloon, Day Trips, Bus Ticket etc.

Staying in a Cave Room was also an excellent experience and it came with a very good looking and clean Bathroom.

The hotel has a very cosy and homey feel to it and the Common Area / Lounge adds to it. The Breakfast was also good.

One of the highlight of the stay was the pet dog (named Sultan) of the owners. She is an adorable animal. We would just go back to Goreme to meet her :D

Just discuss your plan with Mehmet and he will be your guide :D

Living in Flintstone was like living in a house shared with Friends!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zubair R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The most appealling criteria of this hotel is it's friendly and helpful staffs that make thier way to make your stay easier and comfortable. From the pick-up and sending back to station and services..that's what I need when I arrive in new places that I never been before. Thanks so much Mehmet (manager) for being helpful even before my arrival. And I just love the cave-like room with jakuzi...what a treats after long tiring day. The breakfast served in the restaurant also a plenty compared to other's hotel I've stayed during my visit to Turkey, with the same price-tag. Apart from all that, the location of this hotel is very convenient. You can just walk to shops, restaurants, Hamam House and to the station! No doubt, I would stay in this hotel again whenever I visit Goreme in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arty1166
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I already stay there for 2days. Rooms are clear and natural where is like a cave inside. Also stuffs are so friendly and helpfull.
I just complain about restaurant. My wife eats chicken wings. I schocked about bill. Because it was so expensive. You can eat half price at outside.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Perfect place if you are looking for all the necessary comforts in a nice setting. It's definitely not the fanciest hotel there, but personally why would you go to Cappadocia to stay in an ultra luxury hotel? It had a beautiful and simple large room with a HUGE bathroom, tub and double shower all in a cave-like setting. Outside is quiet and peaceful with a scenic view of mountains and caves and next to a farm. For me it felt authentic and was exactly what I was hoping for. It is on the other side of town from the Goreme Open Air Museum but is close to plenty of restaurants and for us this was good. Definitely recommended! PS- we asked for a big room as my boyfriend is a tall and large guy and was nervous to get a small cave room, and they definitely delivered on our request. Compared to the natural beauty of Cappadocia you dont need much, but this is perfect!

Room Tip: If you are tall definitely tell them, apparently some rooms have circle beds which are cool but shor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Laid back cheerful smallish hotel with a big heart and swimming pool. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Cave rooms are classy looking with a much appreciated jacuzzi tub in the bathroom after a long day sightseeing. Good food in the restaurant. The manager Mehmet is a great guy with really good instincts about what his guests need at any particular time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was in Turkey for 10 days and my time at Flintstones was definitely one of the highlights! I wish I’d planned it better so I could have been there longer. The rooms are basic, but have everything you need and my room was lovely and cosy (and clean and comfortable) and the location was an easy walk to town. Mehmet and all the staff at Flintstones were very friendly and super helpful. Unfortunately I was there for only just over 24 hours, which is not enough time, but the team at Flintstones ensured it was a great 24 hours. I went on tour with Mehmet which was wonderful as not only is he fun and friendly but he also has excellent knowledge of and a great passion for the area’s history and geography. My room was a bit dark, but it is a cave room! I just needed a bedside lamp. I’d be happy to recommend Flintstones if you want a nice room, good value for money and close to town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Amber C
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a excellent stay at Flintstones Cave! The staff are very welcoming, all of them, so it feels like a family business that you are part of. We had our tours and ballooning booked early by email, everything was ready when we arrived. Its a wonderful experience to stay in a cave room, although its a little cold in winter time, but its part of the experience. Cleaness was great, good breakfast, its next to the city center in a close walking distance.
We'd like to thank Mehmet and the lovely crew for all the help and tips about Göreme they gave us!!

Room Tip: Ask for the cave suites!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends