“Fantastic”

Hot Air Ballooning Cappadocia
Ranked #19 of 82 Outdoor Activities in Goreme
More attraction details
Owner description: Cappadocia has unreal amazing landscape which makes Balloon flights one of worlds the top 3. The spectacular surrealistic landscapes combined with excellent flying conditions allow the balloons to gently drift over and between fairy chimneys, pigeon houses hewn into the unique rock formations, orchards and vineyards through impressive valleys, each with distinctive rock formations, colors and features and then float up over rippled ravines for breathtaking views over the region.
Woy Woy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went up at about 7.30 pm and were up for an hour and a half. I've ballooned before but the landscape of Cappadoccia made it even better, really acslierating. Quite expensive at 140-160 euros per person, depending on the season but worth it.

Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
ottawa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Great experience if you get the right company”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ballooning in this area is rated as one of the top 3 rides in the world .The other two being Burma and Kenya . Having done all three now , I think that Burma is the best .
There are an endless number of companies that offer rides here .Prices vary incredibly from one company to the next so you have to shop around .Use google to do your research .
The company that I used was selected and paid for by my tour company before I arrived in Turkey so I had no say . It was very expensive compared to the others that I investigated after having my ride .I was very disappointed as I was not able to witness the inflation of the balloon...you MUST insist that you want to witness this ..if you pay 200USD this is part of the price .We arrived late and the balloon was fully inflated so my companions that were never on a ride before missed this .There are about 100 balloons launching from the same area so they fight for position ..this is dangerous as they can collide in the air ,I was on a near miss ride this time .
The ride should launch from within the chimney area so that you can see the caps and get good pics .If they do not launch from this area you miss the most important part of the flight.We saw lots of fields instead . I demanded a partial refund through the tour company and got it for the people that were with me in the basket . Just beware ...do your homework ask lots of questions ...also many travel and domestic health insurance companies will NOT cover ANY of your medical expenses at all if you are hurt in a balloon ride...this is considered a high risk adventure activity like mountain climbing ..there are hard landings so you have to beware ! Check the fine print within the policy for exclusions .

Visited May 2012
17 Thank skip n
West Palm Beach, Florida
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Cappadocia From Another Point of View”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

First, I would note, I am a chicken and never thought I would want to get in hot air balloon. But, the notion of seeing Cappadocia from the air was too much to resist. We used Rainbow Balloons, who are not listed separately. They were superb. Our pilot manuevered us almost to within touching distance of the spires. Watching the surreal landscape pass slowly and silently below in the early morning light was breathtaking. While it is true that you can see everything by foot, if I had the $100 it costs for a balloon ride, I would definetely not miss it. If you want the sunrise trip you must book well ahead. Also, unless you pay a premium you will be 6 to 8 people per compartment. You have to get in and stake out a spot on the basket edge if you want the best view for photographs.

Visited October 2012
10 Thank RebeccaSTSummers
Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Goreme Airtime”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

What first I thought it would be knee-bucklingly fightening, and was too proud to tell my wife, turned out to be one of the best holiday experiences of my life. It's not like looking off the side of a skyscraper. OMG. It is totally peaceful and serene as you gently float above the fairy chimnies and landscape, surrounded by many dozens of other balloons. Our photos of the flight were brilliant. It was amazing how much control the pilot had of the balloon. When we landed, we did so by the pilot dropping a long rope and the ground crew pulling us down for a perfect landing. There was no being scraped across the ground in the basket. Our adventure finished with a glass of champers and a certificate, and it didn't matter that they spelled my name wrong, it was all part of a brilliant experience. This scardy cat says do it!

Visited November 2011
3 Thank BresJam
Kuala Lumpur
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Spectacular and Mesmerising Flight”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Paid Euro 150 as an optional tour for the 1 hour ride and the view was spectacular and captivating: an experience that you may not be able to get elsewhere due to the magnificent view and the joy of being in a hot air balloon to enjoy it. Imagine the great view of being able to see close to 80 or 90 hot air balloons up in the air on that day and we flew as high as 750 meters. We had a great ride with plenty of safety measures taken into consideration throughout the ride and during the take-off and landing. The ride started at 6.00am where we were able to capture the early morning rising sun.

We stayed 2 nights in Cappadocia as part of the 11 days / 10 Nights Classical Tours arranged by Global Travel Services. It was also in Cappadocia that we watched an optional Turkish Show with its main highlights of Whirling Dervish and Belly Dancing at Euro 40.

Apart from visiting Cappadocia, the tour also covers 4 nights in Istanbul, 1 night in Pamukkale, the lime cascade that is not to be missed, 2 nights in Izmir with Ephesus and 1 night in Canakkale after visiting Acropol and Troy. It is a comprehensive tour to see as much as possible of Turkey within those limited number of days as we also have stopped over at Ankara to visit Mausoleum of Ataturk along with its museum and Konya, where the Mausoleum of Mevlana, the founder of whirling dervish.

Visited September 2012