“Delicious”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Turkish Cusine
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The food here is good. Nothing is terribly cheap in Goreme, but I felt that I didn't really get enough food for my money.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been to Goreme twice and made sure that I had dinner at the Nazar Borek Cafe again so that my daughter could sample the absolutely best borek anywhere in Turkey. The mezes are also absolutely fabulous! I recommend this restaurant as a "must" in Goreme.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Nazar is a relatively tiny restaurant with but a few tables and chairs, and the washrooms (believe it or not) are located outside! But the food... Our host (the owner) was super-friendly, and he allowed my family and I to have a taste of something he said he had pulled off the menu because it had become too popular (obviously, his mindset is not the same as in North America, where such a thing would have been seen as an opportunity). These crispy lamb rolls had us hearing angels sing. A charming place to eat in the heart of one of the most amazingly beautiful places on Earth - Cappadocia. There are a few restaurants in the tiny town of Goreme, but Nazar was by far our favorite.

1  Thank Rock66
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had the borek and the gozleme. Both were delicious.. But the best part was when the owner started dancing with the patrons. Definitely stop in here on your trip to Goreme..

1  Thank Gremily
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great service and excellent food! The lentil soup was flavorful and perfect for a chilly night in Goreme. Great value!