“A beautiful meal in a beautiful restaurant”
Review of Dibek

Dibek
Ranked #21 of 109 Restaurants in Goreme
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family spent 5 wonderful days in magical Goreme. We wanted something special for our last night and the Dibek gave it too us. The restaurant has a number of rooms which are all traditionally appointed and very comfortable. We were graciously welcomed and chose to sit at a low table. We were taken through the menu. The signature dishes are made in claypots, particularly with beef. We shared several of these with a number of other dishes and side dishes. All were really excellent. We were served a surprisingly good local red wine.Desserts were very good especially one which featured apricots. After dinner we were taken to look at the temperature controlled wine cellar in a room which was once some stables and has been beautifully restoredt. I thoroughly recommend the Dibek.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our dinner at Dibek Traditional Cook [sic] was thoroughly enjoyable. We saw this place listed in our Lonely Planet guide and tried it on our last night in Göreme. I was really craving the clay pot chicken which I had gotten rather addicted to while in Cappadocia, and even though we didn't know to call ahead and order them, they had made one extra clay pot of each type of meat, and the chicken was the very last one available! I was very happy with my meal, and tried their gözleme which was tasty as well. The only thing I will say is that if you are at all a picky eater, which I can be sometimes, the menu selection was not near as large as other places in town... though I think the quality is better. The atmosphere was very nice in a traditional Turkish style. We sat on cushions on the floor, although I believe there were regular tables as well if you prefer. I'd definitely recommend this place if you're going to Göreme and would like a nice hearty meal after hiking around mountains all day!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This restaurant is based in a cave, so it is indoors only. As with any caves, it is a bit dusty but that is what the caves are all about! Inside the restaurant has traditional floor cushions for seating and low tables, so you sit of the cushions to eat. The food is DELICIOUS! We had the vegetable hot pot, the bean dishes and some dips with Turkish bread. Topped off with Baklava still warm from the oven. Couldn't have been better!! Think we might go back there tonight as well!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in Goreme for 3 days, but we gone to DIBEK for dinner 2 times. There are unique and delicious Turkish crock food in here, the boss passion, hospitable and very interesting, here has special and tradition kapadokya decoration style. That day we gone to have dinner, there are a lot of guests, we hadn’t booked, waited for a period of time, it is very worth. We sit on the color mat, around the round table,seem enjoy dinner with our family, very kind, very warm, very comfortable. And each table style is different in here,you can feel, every guest is the only and special in here. Especially crock beef is dramatic and fantastic! you must to try it if you come here. the wine by homemade the boss is great ~ I still miss here even I left Turkey.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great atmosphere sitting on pillows on floor in an old Ottoman setting. Food was excellent and the prices were quite reasonable. Only caveat is if you want to order a clay pot Kabab it has to be ordered well in advance, usually at time of reservation although reservations are not needed to dine at this wonderful restaurant. Great food, friendly staff and an unusual historic atmosphere, all contribute to a formula for success for this delightful restaurant.