“This hotel experience saved my marriage ... :-)” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Aydinli Cave Hotel
Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Goreme
Calgary, Canada
“This hotel experience saved my marriage ... :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I am sitting here in the enclosed terrace as I write of the Aydinli Cave Hotel with a magnificent view of the town and various fairy chimneys. It truly is enchanting and breathtaking.

I can also say that I have redeemed myself with my bride of 32 yrs given my online booking of a shabby hotel in Ankara on Saturday night past.

We have a beautiful big suite with a north american style bathroom second to none in this very roomy cave hotel. The hair dryer provided was a delight for my wife since it did not overheat as so many others have in various hotels we stayed in .

This room was the very room where the owner Mustafa was brought up in and whose father had chiseled out way back when.

Just as Ledyukon pointed out in her post, we had been driven to the Open Air museum and could have been picked up had we chosen to be as well with no compensation whatsoever.

Mustafa is really a great guy to speak with at breakfast and is a history buff. He and his son Cem are great hosts and are always willing to be of assistance.

And before I forget, you can come up anytime to the enclosed patio area and root around in the fridge and make yourself a sandwich, cup of coffee or tea, or munch on fruit that is always available. Just like being home.

This has been the most magical hotel we have stayed at in all our travels.

Thanks for rescuing my marriage Ledyukon. :-)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mrkooks
Goreme, General Manager at Aydinli Cave Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Mrkooks,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy that you felt like home and enjoyed your stay at Aydınlı Cave House Hotel..!

Cem Demirci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

The room and the bathroom were very clean and nice quality. Nice but basic Turkish breakfast (I believe they usually have a buffet but since we were the only guests it makes sense not to make an extensive menu). Location was great a few blocks up from main street. Staff was superb. They helped tremdously with booking tours. They went up and above to make us feel comfortable. For example we bought a bottle of wine and they offered we drink it up on the terrace and they prepared homemade meatballs and a cheese platter for us to enjoy.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank regular-traveller25
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for this review.. We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed your vacation and appreciated Aydınlı Cave.
We hope to see you soon in Cappadocia.

rochester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

We flew in to Kayseri airport about 45 min away and our pick up was arranged by Mustafa, the hotel owner and everything went smoothly. When we got there Selim was waiting for us, and we were brought to our room which was very nice inside the cave, large room with adjoining living with fireplace and nice bathroom. It was very peaceful and I suggest this hotel because it is on top of the hill and overlooks the city unlike other cave hotels which are lower in Goreme. Cem( pronounced Gem) is Mustafa's son hooked us up with great tours the green and red tour which I highly recommend. We had a great guide called EFE and he was fantastic, he really loves what he does, he showed us all around north and south Capadocchia very friendly and fun. At night we ate at Di Bek's traditional homecooking restaurant and everything on the menu is delicious. The only thing was that our balloon ride was cancelled because it was too windy but you can easily spent a week in Capadocchia. Mustafa and Cem are very helpful and can arrange a lot of details of your trip. We took the overnight bus to Pamukkale which I don't recommend, it lives on its former glory and the place is really a dump with bad hotels and man-made travertines. So don't go there and spend more time in Capadocchia its beautiful. You will visit a ceramics shop, a carpet co-op, winery, etc. Loved it highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drk13
Mustafa50, owner at Aydinli Cave Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Dear Roxana,

Thank you very much you are very kind.
Than is nice you are back home safely.
mustafa
Rio de Janeiro in Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

I realy loved staying at Aydinli Cave Hotel! We stayed at the same room you see on the picture, which was a huge bedroom with fire place, furniture, a cozy bed and an awesome bathroom. Mr. Mustafa, his wife, his son Cim and his nephew Ali made sure everything was alright and gave us the best service ever, showing whatTurkey hospitality really means. I hope to be back soon! If you want to talk to me about the place, fell free to email me at smjesus@globo.com

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sonia_Melo_de_Jesus
Dear Sony Melo,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed your stay at Aydınlı Cave House.We are looking forward to see you again .

Sincerely
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

Well, the reviews are true. This is a must-stay place. Yes, the accomodations are very nice. Any you should probably spring for a suite to get the "full cave" experience. But what makes this place 5 stars (instead of 4) is the hospitality. It doesn't get better than this. With only 6 rooms, owner Mustafa and son Cem (pronouned "Gem") take great care of their guests. I'd let Mustafa book your tours for you, and if you have down time at the hotel (and you should!), it's likely that they'll find something interesting for you to do. Like spontaneously taking you out to Rose Valley for some hiking (give Cem some gas money for the trouble). Where else would your hosts do this for you? And you can get any other advice you need (like where to eat) from Mustafa as well.

Breakfast is very good. and you'll find accurate pictures of the hotel on their website. I suspect you can find similar accomodations at other nice hotels in Goreme, but I am certain you won't find hospitality of this quality. Don't even think of staying anywhere else! This is what you came to Cappadocia for.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Dave's_reviews
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed your stay at Aydinli Cave and consider to come back!

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2009

I chose to spend my time in Goreme at the Aydinli Cave House Hotel solely on the recommendations I'd read at Trip Advisor. And I couldn't have been more pleased with my experience. Mustafa Demirci and his family treated US like family: taking us out on errands on our first day there, so we could see the area; recommending restaurants and tours; even making homemade soup when I was sick one day! The Aydinli Cave House Hotel is beautiful, authentic and cozy, and the breakfasts were delicious. But the best part was spending time with Mustafa and his wife, 2 daughters, son and nephew. I'd highly recommend this hotel (the home Mustafa grew up in) to anyone.

There's not a hopping night life in Goreme, smile, but we loved walking around after dinner, visiting shops, meeting people. If you want that hopping night life, you might wish to stay in Urgup instead. But if you want to wander a small town and possibly get invited to someone's cave house for tea (to practice English), then stay in Goreme.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank buymeaticket
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for your review..We look forward to meeting you again in Cappadocia.

All the best,
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2009

The Aydinli is welcoming and very comfortable. It's owner, Mustafa, was born in what is now room #1 and grew up in this delightfully converted family home. His warm and friendly son, Cem, manages the hotel but Mustafa continues to come by every morning to chat with guests. You can glean just about all you could ever want to from his knowledge of Turkish history. The rooms are spacious and some accomodate families. Beds are very comfortable and the pillows are soft. The decor is very tasteful and reflects the ambiance of the chimney caves. The roof top terrace overlooks the town of Goreme. The daily breakfast is delicious, more than generous, and is served on the terrace.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jrgvictoria
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to see that you've appreciate your stay and felt like at home! We look forward to meeting you again in Cappadocia.

All the best,