“Simply the best in Goreme!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aydinli Cave Hotel

Aydinli Cave Hotel
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
New York City, New York
“Simply the best in Goreme!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I have to admit that I am biased in this review, because I was completely spoiled by Mustafa (the owner) and everyone at Aydinli Cave during my stay there!
With 30 years experience in managing luxury hotels, Mustafa certainly masters in the art of attending guests’ needs, be it couples on honeymoon, backpackers on budget, families with kids, or female tavellers. Nonetheless, for him and his team, Aydinli is not a hoteling business but passion in receiving guests in their home.

Their number 1 goal is to make sure guests enjoy their stay here and are well looked after like one of their own. They indulge the guests with inexhaustible Turkish tea (and, if you are sensitive to caffeine as I am, Adacayi - sage tea, is also on the table!), their wealth of knowledge of Cappadocia, and impartial advice on travelling/eating options. And the breakfast! Cheese and jam is homemade by Mustafa's wife; gozleme (Turkish pancake) and varieties of eggs are made on demand. Each room is unique and has its own story; Mustafa would tell you tirelessly about them over glasses of Turkish tea. The terrace outside the breakfast room is the best spot to have an overview of Goreme in the morning and to look at stars at night.

If you don't care for the story of each room, organic food or even stars, it'd be a true joy just to sit in the lounge (or the living room as I called it), seeing their relatives/friends stop by and have a glass of Turkish tea, listening to the teasing, palyful bickering among themselves or smelling home cooking from the kitchen next door, while browsing on Internet or reading. Yes, you've got it: to experience the Turkish village home life. What else can I say? It's just simply the best, Aydinli Cave!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank apa711
Mustafa50, Manager at Aydinli Cave Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

Mustafa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

As a globetrotter, I have stayed at numerous good hotels over the years and Aydinli Cave Hotel is definitely one of the very best.

The owner Mustafa and his family are very friendly and thoughtful, always willing to help and make sure that all guests enjoy their stay.

We stayed in Room2 - it was exactly the same as the photo (or even better) and we loved the room very much.

The lovely ladies in the kitchen make the best Turkish crepes/pancakes and breakfast in general is very good.

I highly recommend Aydinli Cave Hotel.

1 Thank Jennyhjk

Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

It's my second time here, last time was 3 months ago : P. I love Turkey and Cappadocia so much that I recommended everyone I know to visit. When one of my friend was attempted, told me there's a cheap air ticket to istanbul and asked if I was willing to come with her again, I said Yes immediately.

We arrived at a early morning, Cem (the owners son) came to pick us up even at 4:15 am. Before that he thoughtfully made a call to us to pre-arrange an balloon tour on the day we arrived because he had checked the weather and found that morning would be the only perfect day to do that. We also found Cem was always keeping our small preferences in mind, that's really kind. He is a passionate and interesting young man, truly loves his job. I was more than happy to see him again.

Mustafa (the owner) upgraded the room for us as it's my second time here. I loved to listen to the story of his cave house and his views on Turkey culture, while having tea and eating grapes from his own garden . He is so intersted and good at history and I hope one day he can visit China to see his dreaming history archives. (I'll be your translator, Mustafa : ) )

We had a private tour with Mert this time, a close friend of the family, and a friendly, knowledgable, amazing guy. My friend and I both agreed that he's not very outgoing at first impression but then we found he was surprisingly funny in our lunch talking. We just couldn't help laughing loudly in that restaurant. The price of tour was reasonable , just slightly above a group tour. You must try it.

I also met Cem's 3 cousins, Evan, Bura and Adil (Hope I spelt right). The first two are studying but come here to help over weekends. Adil is responsible for preparation of breakfast. I spent a few hours chatting with them in one of those long winter nights as I was not that interested in bar & club. These cute boys explained their Cappadocia photo album one by one to me, and shared some gossip about their little girlfriends: )

Compared with these lovely people, the room was not that important to me. But it doesn't mean the room was not good, in fact it was well decorated and so warm & comfortable in winter. The room we got (#9) is a suite with a big living room. (Thank you again, Mustafa!)

We also got our all tours arranged by them, including air balloon, green tour, whirlling devish and a private tour.  Aydinli was the only hotel that I wouldn't ask for prices before making a decision on tours in Turkey, as I trusted them a lot. And we could always get a favorable price in the bill.

This must be the longest review I've ever made in tripadvisor. I have to say Mustafa and his family&friends really knows how to run a hotel with family-like atmosphere.  I felt I was so lucky to find Aydinli and stayed twice, that was a highlight of my entire Turkey trip.

9 Thank douza

Mustafa and Cem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in December. The hotel owner and the staff are
very kind. Convenient location, nice view and rooms. It is definitely value for the money.

2 Thank PNRR

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed here for two nights during our 16 days in Turkey. We loved this hotel, the room was huge and the food amazing!!! The hotel lives up to its rating, the view from our balcony was unreal!!! You won't be disappointed if you choose to stay here while touring Cappadocia!!! The Aydinli is a family run hotel, small and intimate....Perfect!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelforfunSeattle

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

This hotel gave us exactly what we were hoping for in going for a cave hotel experience. We got upgraded to a larger suite very tastefully decorated and with all comfort. The owner and staff were very helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and to make our stay in Goreme worthwhile. There is parking space in front of the hotel and free wireless Internet in every room. The only downside was the shower which was quickly running out of hot water. I would recommend this hotel which offers a great value for money.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I are well traveled (probably around 50 countries between us), and we've experienced basic backpacking through to five-star hotels. I can honestly say that we have never experienced the level of hospitality that we did at the Aydinli Cave Hotel. Mustafa and his team simply couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was the best it could possibly be. They were on hand to answer every question and could help with making tour arrangements but never, ever pushed or pressured.

We would highly recommend the Aydlinli Cave Hotel if you want to stay in a beautiful cave hotel with lovely little architectural touches, be very cosy (it was minus degrees outside, but very well heated and cosy inside), in a great position with a lovely viewing point for breakfast, and the best customer service you are ever likely to experience. As an example, we had a little trouble at the cashpoint machine when there was an electricity power cut just as we were extracting money from the machine with our card still inside the machine. We rang Mustafa and he contacted the bank and servicing company, came to the cashpoint machine to check we were ok and see if there was any more he could do. In the end the engineer didn't appear to be forthcoming so Mustafa drove us to the museum as we had wasted an hour during this time and when we got back later on that evening, Mustafa handed us our cash card which he had somehow managed to retrieve from the engineer! Unbelievable service, and we were very grateful! This is just one example of the extraordinary customer service you will receive if you stay at Aydlinli. If you are choosing to go to Cappadocia, you have already made an excellent choice as it's stunning. Goreme is beautiful and very handy for getting to the sites and Aydlini couldn't be better. I'm confident you'll find it a good choice, well made!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple