“Best hotel/hospitatliy in Goreme!”
Review of Aydinli Cave Hotel

Aydinli Cave Hotel
Ranked #2 of 72 Hotels in Goreme
Pasadena, California
“Best hotel/hospitatliy in Goreme!”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

This hotel is run by father (Mustafa) and a son (Cem) and they two create a family-like atmosphere. Mert, who works there from early morning tomid-afternoon also is very accomodating and helpful! I've never felt like this, staying at a "hotel" but it was almost like visiting my mom and feeling very comfortable and restful. The hotel is clean and located at a very convenient area in Goreme. This hotel also had very comfortable bed, pillows and comforter. The sheets were very clean and the place is very cleanly kept. Breakfast at this hotel is also awesome. Good variety of everything and all the veges and fruits were very fresh. The ladies working in the kitchen make awesome Turkish omelette too! My friends and I would go up to the terrace/kitchen every night to drink tea and enjoy the nice view of the city in the evening. If you don't want to go out of your room after dark, the little boy who works there will bring you the tea and little snacks too. I want to go back to Turkey just to stay at this hotel again!!

1 Thank jenny507
Goreme, General Manager at Aydinli Cave Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Jenny,

Thank you for your great review! We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed your stay at Aydınlı Cave Hotel and had a good time in Cappadocia!

Cem Demirci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Aydinli Cave House Hotel was our home away from home for four lovely nights in Nov 2011. My sister, a friend, and I arrived in Goreme in the crack of dawn with no accommodations set. After wandering around in the frigid -7 degrees weather and being disappointed in the accommodations that appeared to be available, we were delighted to stumble upon Aydinli Hotel. There was nothing that disappointed us.

Firstly, the breakfast was amazing! I still dream about that breakfast of fresh breads, egg dishes, olives, cheeses, cucumber, tomatoes, honey from the honey comb, helva, various seasonal fruits, tea, coffee, etc. in the beautiful terrace on top of the hotel with a spectacular view of Goreme. Needless to say, we spent about 1.5 hours each morning there. Second, the room that we stayed in was comfortable, clean, quiet, and well maintained with super strong/hot shower, which is a must in Goreme's winter. Third, we booked 2 tours with Aydinli including the Green Tour and the hot air balloon ride with very reasonable prices and no feeling of pressure. Later on, when we wanted to do our own hike through the various valleys, the staff graciously drove us to all the trailheads and even picked us up for free with a smile!

The best part of Aydinli was the warm, hospitable staff: Mustafa, Cem, Mert, Adyr, and the smiley ladies who made us the most delicious breakfast. We loved them so much that we called them (and still do) our "family"! This was by far our favorite area of Turkey and our favorite hotel who showed us the meaning of Turkish hospitality. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Goreme in a heartbeat. Teşekkür Ederim!

2 Thank Gina K
Dear Gina,

Thank you for you great review! We are pleased to see that you've had a great time in Cappadocia and hope to see you again at Aydınlı Cave House Hotel..

All the best from Aydınlı Family,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 1, 2011

My friend, sis and I traveled to Turkey for 2 weeks, and Aydinli Cave House Hotel in Goreme was our favorite place. Aydinli has beautiful, spotless rooms and delicious Turkish breakfasts with the most incredible view of the town of Goreme. But most of all, the owner Mustafa and his son Cem had to be the most incredibly hospitable and sweet people who made our stay extra extra special. We felt like we were not just guests but part of the familiy. After 4 days at Aydinli, we endearingly started referring to Mustafa as our "turkish father" and Cem as our "turkish brother." If you travel to Goreme/Cappadocia (which you definitely should), not staying at Aydinli would be the worst decision you will make and surely regret. Thank you soooooooooooooooo much everyone at Aydinli. I really miss it there and I hope you return in the future.

2 Thank Mimi K
Dear Mimi,

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Everyone at this hotel was amazing. Before my boyfriend and I arrived, we were quoted a great rate, we had transfers booked for us and the hotel even arranged a hot air balloon ride. Everything was very reasonably priced. I also thought that the location was stellar. We were able to take a 20 minute walk to the Outdoor Air Museum to see the cave dwellings and the main town of Goreme was just a 5 minute walk away. The room was wonderful -- it has a lovely stone bathroom and a fireplace. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to go to Cappadocia.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Candace22
Goreme, Yönetici at Aydinli Cave Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2017
Dear our guest ,
Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed in our hotel and hope to see you again in our hotel.
Aydınlı Cave Hotel Family
Wakefield, RI, USA
Reviewed November 28, 2011

November 2011 Rm 6 - Terrace Cave room.

The room was beautiful -- just what the pictures showed - Cave room, good bed, quiet, terrace overlooking the village, marble bathroom. In fact, the room summarized what is so wonderful about Turkish travel - beautiful appointments with an antique Turkish carpet mounted on the wall and a wi-fi router hooked up below it - rich adornment and ornamentation with ease of staying connected.

What really set the AYDINLI apart though was the care of the people. We arrived after dark (a challenge to find almost any hotel in Goreme in the dark but part of the charm is the little cobbled streets isn't it?) and Mert was ready for us and helped us to our room - up steep stairs but they have rooms at ground level for those unable to climb well. The staff was there to help but was not pushy in the least, helping us plan our activities to the Fairy Chimneys and underground cities as well as the more ordinary tasks of dinner and currency exchange. To catch an early flight from Kayseri my wife and I had to leave before breakfast. Trying to leave quietly so as not to disturb anyone, one of the managers son's who seemed to be perhaps 15 said - "wait a moment' and ran back into teh office -- they had made sandwiches and juice to go for us at 6am - we didn't ask - they simply felt we should have food and since we weren't going to be there for breakfast..... I've done a lot of international travel in the last 40 years - but I don't know that I've ever run into more hospitable innkeeping that we found at the Aydinli - hard to imagine that thoughtfulness at a major hotel. People treating people as they might wish to be treated.

Breakfast was a simple feast. Tomatoes and cucumbers so fresh and wholesome and so unlike the hothouse veggies of Europe and the US. Yogurt with body and flavor and bread with a character as easily identifiable as a baguette in Paris. A huge assortment of honey and jellies and jams and cheeses of local origin with great coffee and a spectacular view.

Curiously, the real proof of the personal care came after we left though. I had forgotten a jacket in the armoire and only discovered it was missing on arriving in Pamukkale. I emailed Mert that we were leaving Turkey in three days and if he couldn't send it to Istanbul in time, here was my US address. On check-in at the Istanbul hotel, there was my jacket. I just can't say enough about how good an experience this was. Thanks for giving me the opportunity.

Room Tip: look at teh pictures -- they show how teh rooms look
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank CatManBilly
Dear Billy,

Thank you for you great review! We are pleased to see that you've had a great time in Cappadocia and hope to see you again at Aydınlı Cave.

Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed 6 nights in Room 2. The suite. It was huge, exactly as the photos with a huge cave bedroom, a cave bathroom with spa bath and shower (huge) and a cave dressing room. An absolutely luxury experience. We had asked for a room with not many stairs as my husband is 75 and this was just off receiption, so ideal. However my husband managed to climb up the 55 steep stairs to the breakfast room every morning, even though they said they would deliver breakfast down. I researched a lot of hotels and locations but we were so glad we chose the Aydinli over the others. The location was perfect as it was just a short stroll down the hill to get to the township. Every evening after dinner the restaurant would call the hotel and one of the staff would drive down and pick us up (free of charge) so we didnt have to climb the hill home. (even at 1.00am)
We did 2 full day private tours with Matt and they were wonderful, specially geared for us to see as much as possible without having to go trecking which we were unable to do. It cost almost the same for the private tour as the red and green tour. We were not pushed to book any tours and Mustafa and his staff just did everything possible to make our stay wonderful.
They often offered to run up to the breakfast room and make us tea or coffee during the day etc. Mustafa, his son Gem, his wife and wonderful staff have a hotel that they can be proud of. Dont stay anywhere else when you are in Cappodocia.. Matt and Gem are talking about visiting Australia and we hope to have them visit us in the near future.
Regards from Kay and Ray from Australia.
Janderra

Room Tip: The suite we had was beautiful but also the room the next level up with the private balcony and the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Janderra
Dear Janderra,

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed here in May 2010 and could not speak more highly of the hotel. A lovely family run inn with friendly staff who would do anything for you. great views from our balcony and the roof top breakfast and coffee room across the fairy chimneys at dawn and dusk were amazing. the rooms were great, spacious and clean.

Room Tip: Check the website and pick a room near the top if you want a view, and are prepared to climb some st...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mark W
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed your stay at Aydınlı Cave House Hotel and consider to come back!

Sİncerely