“Wonderful Cave stay with great hospitality!”
Review of Aydinli Cave Hotel

Aydinli Cave Hotel
Ranked #2 of 72 Hotels in Goreme
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful Cave stay with great hospitality!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My 3 nights stay at Aydinli Cave House Hotel was a very good experience.

The hotel is a small B&B with about 7 rooms but they are expanding next door to about 12 rooms in total. The rooms are clean, tidy, spacious and are carved into the rock, so you are literally staying in a cave! I was there in August and it was so hot outside, about 38 degrees and I was looking for the air-conditioning when I step into the room. There was no air conditioning but it was amazingly cool! Perfect for a hot summer! There’s a roof top terrace where you can enjoy your buffet breakfast with beautiful views of Goreme. You can see the rose valley in the far distance and the sunset is gorgeous.

The location is good and you can talk a short walk to the bus station or the town centre where there are many restaurants and souvenir shops.

The hotel staff so amazing and really make you feel at home. You’ll always be greeted with a bright smile and always on hand if you need any help. Mert (I think he’s the manager) was especially helpful and generous in sharing his knowledge about Turkey and also gave us lots pointers of where to go and what to see.

The hospitality of this hotel really top my list and you must stay here to experience it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RelieSG
Goreme, General Manager at Aydinli Cave Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you so much for this great review ..We look forward to see you again at Aydınlı Family..

Cem Demirci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2011

A wonderful experience .A small local family owned Boutique Hotel .We were so looked after and spoilt. Mat the manager when Mustafa is away,is also a wine maker and sat us down with apple tea and gave us as much local imformation as we wanted,when we arrived.He made our whole stay perfect every day.We had a standard room for 4 nights, that was very large and more than adequate.The buffet Breakfast was enormous and the best we had in Turkey,all organic and locally grown.The optional 3 course dinner was based on local fare and was perfect also. Thank You so much Mustafa,Mat, Cem and Kura

Room Tip: Spotless ,every thing provided that was needed.
2 Thank geoffrey p
Dear Geofreyy,

Thank you so much for this great review. We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed your journey in Cappadocia as well as you stay at Aydınlı Cave House Hotel.
We look forward to see you again at Aydınlı Family...

Regards,
Turku, Finland
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I have never stayed anywhere like Aydinli. The rooms were exquisite (we had a family suite) and the hotel was staffed with so many helpful people, we never wanted for anything. Mustafa and his staff genuinely wanted us to enjoy ourselves in Goreme. They were always offering us free rides to places and making phone calls on our behalf. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank zenobianblue
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed your stay at Aydınlı Cave House Hotel.We hope to see you agin in Cappadocia.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Only stayed in Goreme for 2 days and was excited about going to Aydinli based on the reviews I read. Great communication beforehand on email, and booked the hot air balloon trip through them (highly recommend Butterfly Balloons - one of the highlights of my 7 week trip).

Unfortunately the day I got there (I arrived in the morning from Istanbul), my room in the main part of the building was not ready. They arranged for me to stay in a room just around the corner from the main hotel the first night and then were going to move me back for the 2nd night.

In fairness, as I ended up having to leave a day early to head to Ankara, I can't truly give a fair review (I have a feeling a room in the main building would have been a bit bigger), but here are the things I noticed:

1) Great view from the upstairs terrace where meals were served.
2) Mustafa was incredibly friendly and helpful. Organized a jeep safari tour last minute for me (bit overpriced, but was a good way to see the area quickly) and was very warm and engaging. Was very accommodating when I had to leave early.
3) The whole cave room concept is neat and the very comfortable bed combined with the coolness of the room made for a fabulous sleep.
4) The hotel is a short walk down to the centre of Goreme where the bus terminal and a few restaurants are. You'll want to hire a car or 4x4's if you want to go see some of the main attractions.
5) Missed out on breakfast because of the hot air balloon ride - heard mixed reviews from a few of the guests.
6) Airport transfer was well organized
7) On the whole, felt like the visitors were a bit on the older side so wasn't an atmosphere where you'd meet a lot of fellow solo travelers, but everyone there seemed very happy.
8) Was fine for me, but if you do have any mobility issues, there are quite a few stairs to get to the upstairs restaurant terrace.

Decent value for money. Not the accommodation highlight of my trip, but didn't disappoint either.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Leafsgirl77
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very happy to see that you've enjoyed your stay at Aydınlı Cave House Hotel..
We hope to meet you again in Cappadocia.

All the best wishes
Seattle
Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed here three wonderful nights, and had we known ahead of time just what a special place Mustafa and his lovely wife have worked to provide, we would have planned to stay longer. From the moment we arrived in the vicinity, Mustafa's family and staff's care and attention to detail could be seen: smooth airport transport at reasonable cost, helpful orientation to the area and tours arranged if desired, spotlessly clean, well-appointed rooms, and a bountiful buffet breakfast we're still dreaming and talking about!
Cem, Turga, and the young man (so sorry I don't have his name) who set-up breakfast and often served us tea, made this portion of our 26 day Turkey trip go so very deep into our heart and mind.
There were many, many ways, too numerous to account here, that Mustafa gave us a welcome to Turkey that we will never forget and will forever be grateful.

Room Tip: The room that has an outside private sitting area - wish there could be more of these!
Dear Joanna ,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are very pleased to see that you've enjoyed your stay at Aydınlı Cave and look forward to seeing you again among us.

Minneapolis
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This is my second visit to Aydinli. My first experience was 2 years ago and it was great. The experience this time was even better. Rooms are super nice, clean and the place has a great view. The location is great. In addition to all of this, service is superb. The staff goes above and beyond to help, always smiling, always helpful and very honest. Would recommend this place to anyone anytime.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank regular-traveller25
Dear Our Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are very pleased to see that you kept good memories from you Cappadocia trip.

Earth
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Aydinli Cave House Hotel in July 2011 and we would love to go back anytime!

The hotel is a small boutique hotel with only about 6 or 7 rooms but they are still upgrading and adding another room. The rooms are very nicely finished and very comfortable. A few rooms are built out of stone and the rest are carved into the rock.

With no air conditioning, it was amazing to come "home" after hiking, climbing, hot air ballooning or whatever, and step into our cave room that was a perfect cool temperature! The wood flooring kept it comfortable for your feet and the cave kept the air cool for your body. Rooms were clean (we have a tour of several during our stay), tidy and very well thought out in every detail.

As amazing as the hotel was, the staff and family were the true delight. Mustafa Demirci was a gracious host, learning about his guests as he also shared his knowledge of the history of his town, area and of Turkey in general. His wife, Emine, was an amazing cook who made sure that a very nice buffet breakfast was ready every morning and who would also cook a wonderful, tasty dinner with advance notice. Cem, their son, was also an amazing host and helped us find a lot of very cool sites that we would not have seen without him. He even came with us in our rental car to show us some of the sights and take us on a walk.

Tugra Karacan, Mert Kura and Bugra Kūtūk were the others working at the Aydinli that made our stay one of the highlights of our 3 and a half week tour of Turkey and Greece.

I can't say enough about our stay other than I can't wait for an excuse/reason to return to Cappadocia and to stay at the Aydinli Cave House Hotel again!

Thanks so much to all that made our trip memorable!

2 Thank MarkK321
Goreme, General Manager at Aydinli Cave Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your great review. We really appreciated having you at Aydınlı Cave and hope you may come back to Cappadocia in the near future.