“I've stayed here for years, and it has always been good - John Rose”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Goreme
Katpatuka Cave Hotel
Ranked #72 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was reading some of the comments and saw that someone complained it had bad beds. I never experienced that, and if I got a room with a bad mattress, I am sure Mustafa would change it. I 1st visited Cappadocia in 1997, and have been every year since then. I have been staying at Katpatuka since 2010. It has lots of advantages, and you certainly get your money's worth. Just watch the bees in the morning when they serve fresh honey. Sometimes, bees will buzz around. Besides that, never a real problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nice Hotel, good location and friendly staff. They have very good village style breakfast, hotel ambiance is authentic, downtown is walking distance. While I was speaking with hotel owner, he offered me private tour with his car and it was nice, he took us all small historical places which known by local people.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Very nice Cappadocia experience. The rooms are very clean and the hotel staff are nice and helpful. Breakfast was good and plentiful. The best part of the trip was our guide--Sharey. I'm sure this is not the way to spell his name but it is the way I heard it. They were very flexible and changed things at the last minute to suit our desires. I'm not a climber and you definately need some physicality to climb some of the sites. They were always very patient. Many, many laughs. I'm going back very soon because of my experience at the Katpatuka Cave Hotel.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, they are all nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Cozy hotel, big room with traditional décor, unique view and a short walk distance to the center. I guess you will find other cave hotels more stylish but this is still a good value for money to set base and explore around. Great Turkish cuisine restaurants nearby and try to walk to the top of the hill for the sunrise view.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I wanted to go to the hotel for the good reviews the hotel had! but the whole stay ruined our experience of a cave hotel! we booked through an agency that never contacted the owner! Who had to pick us up at 4am and he never turned up when we walked up to the hotel we spent 20 min knocking.He gave us the wrong room and kept insisting that it was a cave room when it defiantly was not! in the morning he managed to give us the room we wanted after 5 hours,we wasted the whole morning! He insisted that we were paying to little when i had been given a price and had emails to confirm it!
Apart from being rude rude and rude speaking about us in Turkish when he did not realize that we understand a little bit!
At the end to make sure he spoils all the fun the owner booked our transfer to the hotel and he booked an hour later than we wanted it, which means we arrived at the airport 5 minutes before the gate closes for check in!! Warning do not stay at this hotel because of the rude staff!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BarbsMalta
Reviewed August 28, 2012

ıf you go to the Goreme, you must stay ın katpatuka cave hotel.
You wıll meet really frıendly and kındly staffs.
Many people stay there.they say that our hotel ıs most peaceful and comfortable hotel ın Goreme .
Mehmet ,the staff ın our hotel,ıs so kınd and fun man.ıf you call hım,he wıll gıve you a good support.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank nihonzınosman k
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Cappadocia was amazing! The cave hotel is more than we expected.. spacious beautiful rooms, clean toilet, very nice breakfast, friendly staff, easy walk to the village center. Engin really helped us by giving endless information about cappadocia. He always make sure that we are comfortable in our rooms. The local people are very friendly as well. I would stay there again if i get the chance..

Room Tip: choose rooms in the 3rd level as the view is breath taking!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family