“Nice people”

Cave Hotel Saksagan
Ranked #55 of 78 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The place was very impressionable with an open courtyard entrance and a pleasant room with a nice view. Numan and the staff were nice and generous in offering help whenever possible. He was kind in offering us advice on what to do on our last day and helped us with the hot air balloon booking. He was even kind enough to transport us to the Rose valley for a hike. Good service!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alexis Y

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I booked a room in this hotel run by Numan and his crew, based on a recommendation from one of my friends who stayed there earlier. Overall, we had a really good experience. Numan is a really nice guy. Before the trip, he helped us book a shuttle from the airport straight to the hotel, which was a big lifesaver. He was up till midnight waiting for us to arrive from the Kayseri airport on the first day. He gave us some really good recommendations for things to do and places to eat. The breakfast provided in the mornings was really good and filling as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deepakjois
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Numan or the other guys were always available with helpful advice on what to do and where to go. The room was in a fairy chimney. The breakfast was good. Lovely terrace with a great view of the valley.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2014

What can i say!

The Cave hotel, staff, food and even the owner is superb! perfect location for tourists. bus stop is only minutes away from the Hotel. Numan (the owner) helped us arrange everything we need - from Dubai till we reached Goreme. I strongly recommend this place for people who wants a perfect vacation - just sit back and Numan will do the rest, and give you the BEST!

The room is perfect even though I'm not able to watch tv (i don't know how to operate haha) bathroom is clean and tidy. i Love the natural coldness of the cave room :)

Even though Numan said that the wifi only works in the lobby but we get good signal in our room. Numan is sweet, honest person that you can trust with your things - i wish i could take him home!

Room Tip: You can book the cave rooms in the first floor because it has a nice view while having breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2014

AMAZING!! I arrived around 8am from an overnight bus from Istanbul and walked the literal 2 minutes from the bus terminal. Numan and his staff welcomed me, sat me down, stored my luggage, fed me breakfast, and made me feel as comfortable as possible until my room was ready (earlier than check in). The room was comfortable and so cool inside a real "fairy chimney"!! Anything I wanted or needed, Numan made happen including hot air balloon ride reservations, directions to restaurants and attractions, Numan even gave me and other guest rides in his personal vehicle! I can't possibly list all the little details and kindnesses that were done here for me. All I can say is here I felt like a "guest" and not like a person renting a room! Thank you so much for making my experience at Hotel Saksagan AMAZING!

Room Tip: Staying in the "fairy chimney" is soo cool! The outer corner room has good light but also...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dawn D
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at Saksagan exceeded all of our expectations in friendliness, warmth and helpfulness. It is a place where you feel instantly at home. Numan's help and advice in planning our stay in Goreme and the rest of Turkey was brilliant. His recommendations were spot on and his staff were very friendly and helpful. Our stay in the cave overlooking the town was gorgeous, especially as the sun set and the fairy chimneys lit up. We look forward to coming back again!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed June 1, 2014

It's a perfect location. Definitely for us it was. 2-3 minute walk from where the Atlas jet shuttle from the airport drops you, adjacent to Cappadocia baloons, 5 minute walk to bus booking offices, small eateries, supermarkets and the hamam.

Had a nice breakfast spread.

I thought the room was really tiny but then..thats ok I guess. Turkey has small rooms!
Numan is a sweet host and friendly.

One thing we found almost scary was that when we got back from the Turkish Night at Uranos around midnight - the hotel was shut!! No one answered. We kept knocking, calling etc for nearly 45 minutes before the guy who was probably supposed to be on duty came riding his scooter and let us in! He didn't even seem apologetic! We were cold, tired but anyway since we were checking out the next morning - didn't complain.

It's a sweet place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple