“Great value, Friendly service”
Review of Peri Cave Hotel

Peri Cave Hotel
Ranked #65 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Great value, Friendly service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a fabulous stay ... Not long enough! Mustard and Fiona were super friendly and helpful. We arrived off bus very early and they managed to get us straight into a room ... i'm sure this is not always possible but was a nice touch. This place is really conveniently located to town, restaurants, bus, etc.. Beautiful courtyard. Nice bed linen and very clean room. Great value as only rated as two stars ... We would give it more! It was extremely homely. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a lovely and relaxing time here. We had a hassle-free pick up from the airport directly to the hotel.The rooms were clean and comfortable and we had a nice breakfast in the morning. The staff was very nice, especially Mustafa who helped a lot with info about the area, what we could do during our time there and helped make it happen :) I would definitely recommend the Peri Cave Hotel to anyone coming to Goreme. I would love to come back and stay again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as part of our Gate 1 Turkey Tour. We were given a suite on the corner which had a 2 balconies. Comfortable hotel, and we were treated very warmly by everyone there. Bed was very comfortable to us, beautiful, almost enchanting lobby/bar area, and the breakfast and dinner buffets were delicious. My favorite stay of the tour (2 weeks in TUrkey) was spent at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite since they are larger with a great view of the sunrise.
1 Thank NxMom
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We visited the Peri Cave Hotel while on a two week trip through Turkey. This is a family-run hotel which takes pride in offering good service to its guests. The personal touch made this hotel most enjoyable. When we had a small problem with our bathroom, Mustafa immediately moved us to another room (a more costly one, at no additional charge), as he wanted to make sure our needs were met. He spent time orienting us to the town, and the many options available to us, in terms of activities, restaurants, etc. We weren't planning to go to two places because they were too distant, but he was able to connect us with a tour company that got us there with good value ... In fact, the tour has become a highlight of our trip. He also recommended to us a restaurant that provided an excellent local meal (Kale Terrasse Restaurant).

Mustafa is a wonderful host, the hotel is great (never thought I'd stay in a room carved from rock!), and the staff are very helpful. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The cave rooms are really unique .... Very quiet All open onto a central courtyard.
1 Thank RGriffco
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

i came here in Aprıl and the weather is cold. Apparently i brought rain and hale with me here. Haha. Mustafa is really nice. I'm not used to the cold weather and even with a heater i can't get warm enough. He was a total dear to sacrifice the heater in the office for me. So 2 heaters for me throughout my 3days/2nıghts here.

My room ıs accommodated for 3 persons so I hogged the double bed while dumping my other stuffs on the single bed. ıts comfortable and ı'm sure even with companion it'll do just fıne. Even with hot showers, its stıll too cold for a full shower. So, no washing hair for me. But there's free hair dryer usage which İ used for my laundry.

Breakfast is good from 8-10am and on my last day i'm supposed to checkout at 10am. However, ı woke up late, 10am!!! and they stıll serve me breakfast and 2 hours of late checkout. Good hospitability. One of the boys here knocked at my door everyday around 9am to make sure I'm awake to get breakfast and ready for the tour. Such a pity the courtyard can't be used. Damn cold to laze around. It must have been lovely in the summer.

İt's opposite Urgup Balloon so İ just walked over at 5am in the morning for the balloon rıde. The view here is so out of this world!!! Wısh İ can go for the horse rıdıng tour. but alas ıt's raınıng. The hotel ıs just 2 mınutes walk from the cıty so it's safe to walk alone for dınner at night.

Right now, since my bus is at 7pm and raining outside, Mustafa said İ can laze around the terrace coz there's a computer here. Turkey keyboard is so hard to used!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was insistent to stay at this hotel because I relied on the good reviews in Trip Advisor. We stayed here for 3 nights. We had the cave room and it was a large and cozy room. The breakfast at the terrace was good. The staffs were very friendly. The only problem that we encountered was the inavailability of hot water and it was freezing cold in Gereme last March! I immediately complained about this on the first day, but in the following days we still had to do with cold showers. It was only on the last day that the reception told us that they had to turn off the water heater everytime it reached the maximum temperature so it wouldn't explode and that we had to inform them whenever we needed hot water. The reception was closed most of the time by the way. Leaving the keys there before going out was seldom possible too. It was a good experience and if you stay here in winter make sure to tell the reception before you take a shower :)

Room Tip: Cave room is a unique experience.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The whole staff was so nice, especially the manager (who speaks perfect English with and Aussie accent). He gave us great recommendation of things to do in the area, and even gave us a free ride to the trail we wanted to hike. The rooms are clean, and the garden court yard is beautiful. Over all a very nice experience and a good value.