“An amazing experience”
Review of Elif Star Caves

Elif Star Caves
Ranked #34 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed April 5, 2010

After reading most of the comments about Mustafa hotel, my wife and I decided to bet for it. We spent there three nights and from the very moment Mustafa was a helpful guide advising us about different options for the day, restaurants, less visited places by the touristics tours, etc. Our first cave experience was great and I would recommend this hotel for the kindly staff and magnificent breakfast, a real breakfast very well done, I still miss them.
Mustafa and your staff, go on in this way and I expect more spaniards this year to enjoy in Capadocia the football world championship

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2010

We were given a choice of rooms and chose one with a private balcony (from which we watched the hot air balloons in the morning) and a lovely view of the fairy chimneys. Our hosts were helpful right from the start, sitting down with us and taking us over a map of the area; pointing out places to visit as well as services, such as the clinic and pharmacy. They were also happy to book any tours we wanted to go on, or buses for our next destination. The room was lovely, clean and the right temperature, thanks to good heating. Location was very good, a five minute walk into town. The breakfast was wonderful, and nice that you get to make your own selection from a menu. I highly recommend the omelette! Perhaps the only downside was no wireless internet in the rooms, but there was a computer at reception that the hosts were only too happy for us to use. A great stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I can endorse all the good reviews here and add my own recommendation. I managed to pick up a nasty stomach bug before I arrived in Turkey and desperately needed to see a doctor. The wonderful Hassan arranged to take me to the free clinic in Goreme where I was seen very promptly by a doctor who spoke excellent English. He then drove me to the pharmacy and back to Elif Star where he continued to fuss over me for the rest of my stay. I don't think even a family member would have looked after me better! The location, breakfast and room were all superb. The bed was more comfortable than my own! I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Annabel54
Reviewed November 20, 2009

the staff is really really helpful here at elifstar cave.
it was cold during our stay, but the heating in the room helps well.
located so close to pigeon valley, and not far from the otogar, it's easy to go around goreme on your own.

the room is clean and the bathroom is spotlessly clean.
and the breakfast here is a hilight.
not just jam, cheese and yogurt, but you can choose your own breakfast from the list.
and it comes in a portion that will please you until your next meal.
love it.

goreme is terrific, also a stay at this place.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Rooms in the Cave were clean. We did not have lot of space for our luggage (which were minimal) and to place our things but... we experienced a very special environment! The view from our terrasse was fantastic. Mustafa was very kind for us,,, giving us a bottle of wine because it was my birthday.. Nice from him. The breakfast were fantastic... lots of great food with eggs and so, as we wanted. Thank you for Amir, the cook. We spent there 5 wonderful days.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Our room was lovely with view over the beautiful valley and the bed was the most comfortable one we slept in while in Turkey. The location is great - walking distance to town center but far enough away to be quiet and peaceful. The breakfast was fantastic with lots of choices and the service excellent and very friendly - felt like staying with good friends - would recommend it to everyone. Lena & Kevin

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We stayed here a few nights and it was my favorite part of the trip. The hotel was so nice with a very modern bathroom, cute balcony, and exceptional service. The beds and bedding were so comfy too! If the others who wrote about cleanliness would have read the info in the room it said to ask if you wanted your room cleaned. If you ask they are very prompt about responding. Also, the breakfast was amazing, thanks to Rami! And you even have a few choices instead of the standard Turkish Breakfast Buffet. Mustafa was also great about providing info on the area and suggestions for what to do. I would go back and stay there in a second. Goreme is a cute town and the Cappadocia region is amazing.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends